200,699 mile report on 2007 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you need a chrome grille and Ford oval, the grille pops up every once in a while for $72ish Taiwanese i think Evan Fischer branded (out of stock 3 times out of 4 when you click the links, but sometimes reappears again), and the oval has a bunch of Amazon sources for $15ish

On mine the grille is in decent shape, it's the lower plastic bumper cover, air dam etc that's in rough shape...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best i have seen Highway was 18.4 MPG. I was so excited i took a pic of it, although i don’t really pay that much mind to gas mileage i drive trucks after all. That was driving 65 mostly even with light acceleration.
63B2BF20-8245-4962-906F-49E6923B9DE4.jpeg

Last edited:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you drive with 4x4 in auto all the time? Ford says that can reduce gas mileage by up to 10%, which would bump you up to about 20mpg.

dmm5157

Reaction score
My 2007 Expedition Limited 2WD and I get about 20-21 mpg on the highway if I put cruise control at 70 mph. I get around 19 mpg at 80mph on cruise control. I can get up to 22 mpg if I go between 60 and 65 mph

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get 12 mpg in city and 12 mpg highway...but I'm usually towing 3500 lbs...LOL

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Im surprised at the positive responses. My 2000, which has 170,*** mi, looks far better. I will take pics and post later. My seats are not torn or ripped or even cracked. The paint is shiny and not peeling. I get 14mpg in city and 16mpg hwy which is what is printed on the sticker.

Over the years I've done a few ignition coils, shocks, front end bushings, rear arms, an alternator, thats it besides the normal maintenance at or before intervals.

Im in the market for new vehicle as Im handing this one down to my son who travels a lot for hockey, and I just cant bring myself to buy a new Ford.

Im liking Toyota especially after learning they are the most U.S.A. made vehicle - many Fords are made in Mexico. So the 'buy American' makes me feel better.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford light duty trucks are all made in USA in fact Not one Expedition, F-150, or Super Duty is made in Mexico. These vehicles are all exported from our market to other markets for purchase, something that’s very rare these days. Last year Ford won the Most Domestic Parts Content competition. Toyota always claims they are the most American truck but all the resources that study parts content seem to say otherwise. GM you have to watch, if I buy one of their vehicles i will be checking the sticker to make sure it was built here.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im surprised at the positive responses. My 2000, which has 170,*** mi, looks far better. I will take pics and post later. My seats are not torn or ripped or even cracked. The paint is shiny and not peeling. I get 14mpg in city and 16mpg hwy which is what is printed on the sticker.

Over the years I've done a few ignition coils, shocks, front end bushings, rear arms, an alternator, thats it besides the normal maintenance at or before intervals.

Im in the market for new vehicle as Im handing this one down to my son who travels a lot for hockey, and I just cant bring myself to buy a new Ford.

Im liking Toyota especially after learning they are the most U.S.A. made vehicle - many Fords are made in Mexico. So the 'buy American' makes me feel better.

The "cracked" look on seats is usually easy to restore, leather "cracks" are typically dirt embedded in the grain and will bounce back when brushed out