2000 EB to 2017 eco boost - hesitant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea the headliner problem on the suburban was pretty nasty, I believe they resolved in the 17' model year. The new Tahoe RST with the 6.2 is going to be a sick truck OP if your looking for a performer that whips the suburban. 0-60 is 5.6 seconds if I'm not mistaken. the suburban is an overall good truck but it's not going to fly like a Tahoe. But I mean the 3.5 ecoboost in the expy shouldn't just be overlooked, you never know go test drive and see if you like it... nothing to lose. I have driven the new gen 2 in a 150 and it was a fun engine I just prefer a tradition V8 power plant myself.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've posted this before but it's worth posting again. My girlfriend lives next to a State Trooper whose parents own a Suburban. Two winters (14 & 16) we got 18-24" snowfalls and both times I drove my '03 expy out to see my baby and BOTH times the Suburban got stuck in the common area parking lot and I had to drive around it on virgin snow because it couldn't make it even though it was driving on the tracks I had already laid down for it! The Suburban was TERRIBLE in the snow even with brand new tires and couldn't move once the snow got over 10" deep......seems pretty useless to me as a 4WD vehicle!

jeff

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the opportunity to buy a 2013 F-150....it's got the 3.5 Ecoboost that I bash all the time. I want a 6.2 but everyone loves these so much I guess I'd be willing to give it a go It's a nice truck and I know the owner but not like we are tight. It's got 70k miles. When you start it its noisy at idle, is there problems with this year Or is an idle tick normal? You really don't notice it too much until the hood is open, it all looks clean and well taken care of. It's a white XLT crew cab 4x4 with the power equipment and chrome upgrades. What I noticed is this doesn't have 4x4 auto like my truck, thought the 150 had it. Torn because I really like my expy and the 3rd row comes in handy a lot, then half the time I wish I had a bed out back. It's a trade-off either way.

Last edited: