2000 Expedition Transmission Oil Cooler Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Orr

Reaction score
The oil cooler lines that run from the transmission to the cooler are corroded and leaking just under the crank pulley. I have looked on line for the part number for the lines but I can't find anything consistent for which lines I need to order. It seems to be based on transmission series number which I don't know how to find.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just replace the rotten sections with rubber hose. there is hardly any pressure on them. just my $.02

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Rubber hose is certainly the easy way to go, or you can flare the bad sections and bend up some replacement. I had done both on my 2000 many years ago, then finally last year the problem got too bad and I replaced the lines. If you cut out the bad section to replace with hose you may consider putting a slight flare on the end so that a clamp will keep the hose from slipping off.

Ford no longer offers the lines, but Dorman and Sunsong (!) make them if you want to go the hard way and replace the metal with metal as I did. Through some detective work of looking at pictures I was able to figure out which ones I needed. Look at the photos on Rock Auto's site and you should be able to match them up with the ones you need. Take your time comparing the bends to the ones in the pictures.

To change them, you'll have to drop the transmission pan and drain the tranny. Then you have some tight clearance between the transmission case and the heat shield to screw in the connectors. The job's a bit rough and took me maybe three hours working on the ground. Might as well change to filter too while you're in there.

Good luck.