2000 Fog light switch mod figured out..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike00~07

Reaction score
After a buying a swtich and doing mod, and finding out swtich was different. Kept messing with mine till I figured out how to do mod to the BK swtich.

Here is what I did and it all works great..

To take switch out of truck use skinny screw driver and put it into slot on bottom of switch and pull swtich out..

First thing to d is remove the know. I used a small screw driver to remove it. 1st picture show where to place screw driver and 2nd shows what you are pushing to allown know to slide off.

DSC08554.jpg

DSC08556.jpg

Then have to take switch apart-- Flip it over and you will notice little palstic welds around the edge. I used a razor and cut them off so face plate could come off. Once they are removed and faceplate will slide forward, have to push the clip on the front that held knob on so faceplate can come all the way off.. Look in 2nd picture above..

DSC08555.jpg

DSC08537.jpg

Once face plate is off you have to modify the plastic which the switch rides on. There is an angle, on the plastic that has to be moved. Can see in picture by black line. Use a dremel and grind plastic so that ramp is moved. That allows switch to be pulled out in the park light position. Can slide facplate back on switch to test. Thats what I did and when it pulled out in park I was done. be sure to ge ramp close to its stock shape, that way when you turn light off everything goes off. And is slides smooth. To steep and switch will be hard to move into off position.

DSC08540.jpg

Once all this is done, re-install faceplate. I used adheisive to mate face plate and swtich back together. Now time for the electrical work in truck..

There are 2 plugs. You need to work on with the most wires(bigger plug). Need to use scotch locks to and a small piece of wire. The wires you want are the brown one and white with black stripe. Cut the white w/blk stripe wire, and be sure to allown enough wire for splice. After that wire is cut, splice the brown sire and white w/blk stripe wire togther using the scotch locks and spare piece..

DSC08541.jpg

And ready to go... Just be sure to cut the white wire or you will be popping fuses if you dont..

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
great post. I will for sure do this mod (assuming mine is pre-wired since it didnt come with foglamps). Otherwise I will have to do a separate wiring myself