2001 EB Instrument gauge lights dimming out? Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all and happy holidays.
Need a little bit of advice and suggestions.
My 2001 Expy EB 5.4L 135K, instrument panel lights are dimming with age...I am the original owner, and have noticed within the last 2 +/- years that the lights are not as bright as they used to be - obviously I have dimming switch turned all the way up! :) And the lights do dim up and down with brightness without issue...but it is the lighting behind the instrument gauges that seem to be lacking illumination...notice it really at night of course.
There are no bulbs that I can tell that our burnt out...because all the gauge indicators (i.e. speedometer, gas, oil, temp, etc.) are all illuminated accordingly and work properly - I do notice that my trip gauge blinks out upon startup on occassion - and I just have to tap it with my finger and it comes back on.

What are options I have here? replace the entire unit? pull the panel and replace the bulbs? The only thing is as I get older, I need the brightness to be a little more ...

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701