2001 Expy XLT problems ... Clicking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SolidxPatriot

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
excuse me English is my second language

i have a few problems with my 2001 XLT Expy 190+ k miles...

first problem is a strange clicking sound when i turn the car on (doesn't matter if engine is hot or cold) or when the car is about to shift between gears. its like a tapping sound on a metal surface or (this will sound funny) like same sound the "predator" from the movie is making, a clicking noise.

and the noise will occur faster if i press the gas pedal more.

** this problem happened when my engine oil gauge started to go up and down with the warning light ( because i didn't change it for a long time). <oil level was fine... later i changed the oil and everything went back to normal except this clicking sound.

most mechanics in my area said it could be a damaged oil pump or the crank shaft.?

my second problem is a damaged/bent tube i need help to identify whats it for?

** this tube is on the right side next to the passenger running board.

Thx.

* i will try to keep this post updated once i fix these problems.

IMG_1362.JPG IMG_1363.JPG IMG_1364.JPG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like oil pressure loss to valve area. You'd have a louder knocking noise if it was a rod or main bearing. Most likely due to lack of oil changes. You can try a small amount of marvel mystery oil added to your oil, about 10-15 ounces. Then change the oil and filter again. Wouldn't run more than 200 miles before change. Would be a good idea to check oil pressure too. Hope you aren't looking at a tear down or worse. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Check for exhaust leak at rear of manifolds.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exaust leak won't make the oil pressure go up and down, and trip the oil light. He may also have a Exaust leak, but his problem is mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk