2002 Expedition quarter panel removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the left rear quarter panel on my wife's XLT and can't find anything online or on YouTube showing how to do this. Can anyone suggest where I can find these instructions. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20170423_123010.jpg

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a big deal to fix, it can't be replaced. I'd just throw fender flares on to cover the crease and forget about it.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The rear quarters are a nightmare. They are incorporated into the roof, door jams, wheel wells and rockers. There is hours of welding involved and big bucks. I had a similar dent in my 2000. The body shop was able to save my quarter, much cheaper than replacing. There was some hidden rust found, once they got into it. I think it cost around $800.

OP
OP
02ExpeditionEB

02ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
The rear quarters are a nightmare. They are incorporated into the roof, door jams, wheel wells and rockers. There is hours of welding involved and big bucks. I had a similar dent in my 2000. The body shop was able to save my quarter, much cheaper than replacing. There was some hidden rust found, once they got into it. I think it cost around $800.

OK awesome. Thanks. I am going to go check out dent doctors. A friend said that they can get the crease out without taking off paint. So hopefully that's works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze