2003 Exp EB key did not turn off car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F1.18, key out

Both connectors in - J pin 2 hot, E pin 1 not

E out, J pin 2 not, E pin 1 not
J out, E pin 1 not, J pin 2 not

F1.18 out, ign run (2)
Both J & E pins hot

Is it possible, that the splice/connection/join for circuit 294 WH/LB wire has failed? How do you know where that join takes place?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F1.18, key out

Both connectors in - J pin 2 hot, E pin 1 not [This would indicate a failed splice in the cjb]

E out, J pin 2 not, E pin 1 not [This would indicate the splice is good since J pin 2 isn't hot]
J out, E pin 1 not, J pin 2 not [This would imply power was coming from E pin 1]

F1.18 out, ign run (2)
Both J & E pins hot [This contradicts the first reading and implies the splice is good]

Is it possible, that the splice/connection/join for circuit 294 WH/LB wire has failed? How do you know where that join takes place?
Tests contradict each other - would need to test the pins in the cjb for continuity to prove the splice is good or bad.

Try this:
F1.18 out, ign run (2)
Both J & E pins disconnected from cjb - are either hot?

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Redid pins and reran test

Both connectors in, both pins hot
E out both pins not
J out E is not, J pin is showing about .12v

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"F1.18, key out

Both connectors in - J pin 2 hot, E pin 1 not" This is when the failure is occurring but e should be hot also

The next step would be to disconnect each module individually on the part of the harness that is using C270j and see when pin1 isn't hot (but still connected to cjb). Before disconnecting each module try pulling the fuse for each and see if the voltage changes.

Modules are:
Climate controlled seat modules for driver and passenger seats
Rear blend door actuator
Electrochromatic inside mirror unit

Test with key out

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The diagrams we are looking at are only showing a portion of the wiring. My dvd drive is acting up and I am unable to get the connector diagrams to see what is what on each of them.

Next step would be to pull each module - are any of them listed above not working correctly?

If pulling the modules doesn't locate the source then you may want to consider looking at the internals of the cjb. I would do that last though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How can i locate where Auxiliary relay box 3 is located? I know it's on the driver side based on 151-50, but I don't know what I'm looking for under there.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is mounted right behind the knee panel left side - real bear to get to the first time. Reach up from under the dash. Relays are mounted on top of it. When you find it you will thank the idiot for putting it there.

Attachments

• 2003 Component Locations 151-50.pdf
    53.2 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's why I'm asking about the relay, you can correct me if I'm barking up a wrong tree.

I'm thinking C270e Pin 1 is where the power is making it's way to the bus.

With F18 out, and the bus is only supposed to be hot in Start or Run, then something downstream that has access to power is feeding Pin 1.
I don't have climate controlled seats
I wouldn't think the mirror, aux function selector, or blend door has access to power without the key being in Run.

Which leaves the Aux Relay box 3. Since the flasher has to have power all times, i would think that relay has access to power.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that thinking but there isn't anything that says you can't have multiple power feeds to a module. The pcm has at least 3.