2003 Exp EB key did not turn off car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good deal.

When you get time a diagram would be nice. No great hurry, it's doing ok with the fuse out. And to be honest with you I need a break from that vehicle!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the fuse an ATO or mini fuse, and will the "add a circuit fuse block" fit in the original fuse location?

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks more like this - upload_2017-8-18_8-23-20.png

There is not a whole lot of room on the row where F1.18 is located. Without trying one, it's hard to say. F1.24 does have plenty of room if that is an option.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is the mini fuse. If possible can you post a close up pic of the cjb at f18?

If I remember correctly f24 is the fuel pump circuit.

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wife has the car at the moment, but here is a pix of the CJB.upload_2017-8-18_9-21-28.png
F1.24 controls the battery saver relay, glove box and under hood lights.

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I'll get one. What else do I need?

General question, based on what you know at this point. I'm trying to determine if the car is "dependable" or not. Are we in a "it will get worse phase or do you think it's good to go"?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to say. You don't know where the back feed is coming from and if it is only one. It may be a quick find or you may end up tearing out the entire dash to get to the harness / components to check them individually.

I would bandaid it right now in order to plan an "attack" on fixing it correctly and the order in which to proceed.

You will need two wires and a switch that can handle 10amps. I'll draw the diagram for you later today. Right now I'm providing a lap for one of my four legged children to sleep in. So I'm parked in a chair & reading the internet.

Quick and dirty diagram:

Attachments

• 2003 wiring diagram bandaid.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, thought it was time for an update. I rec'd the fuse link yesterday, waiting on the kill switch to arrive. I'm hoping it will come in today or tomorrow so i can get it installed.

Question - right now I still have all the push pins in the wires that we were testing. Is it ok to leave those there for a while or should I remove?

AND then the big question, any great ideas where i should start testing next?