2003 Exp Wont Go into Park. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigbrown1998

Reaction score
Did you match up length of old and new cable? It's possible theirs more than 1. Give the man at the dealer your vin number, to be sure you got the right one. Stranger things have happened.

I did give him my vin. And he promised me it was the correct one (sigh.) I didn't match the 2 because I felt the old one was so mangled that it might not show the actual size. But now I will match the 2 together to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bigbrown1998

Reaction score
well, it may very well be something else... BUT given that it APPEARS that the cable is to short.... always start with the obvious no matter how patronizing it may seem.... you said in your original post that you replaced the cable with one from the dealership.

Dealers screw up all the time, even WITHOUT customer miscommunication,... so first be absolutely sure that the cable you replaced was absolutely the right part. did you give the dealer the vin for the proper part, or did they just say "ya heres a cable for an 03 expedition"??
did you compare it to the old one before you installed it? both length and operation.

Next, be absoulutely sure that you installed it in the correct position. im not farmilliar with the vehicles cable route, but if there is a cable holder or any kind of point along the route of the cable that can adjust the reach of the cable externally, double check that.
I will be double checking everything again tomorrow. Thank you

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if your old cable is mangled, the casing should be the same. Even giving him your vin, doesn't mean it's still wrong. Was the package sealed from Ford, or was it opened and resealed. It's possible you have a different year trans/ column than what came with your vehicle.

OP
OP
B

Bigbrown1998

Reaction score
Even if your old cable is mangled, the casing should be the same. Even giving him your vin, doesn't mean it's still wrong. Was the package sealed from Ford, or was it opened and resealed. It's possible you have a different year trans/ column than what came with your vehicle. I will definitely check it out tomorrow. The package was sealed from Ford. I know 03 was a split year for the expedition.

OP
OP
B

Bigbrown1998

Reaction score
Hey guys, after going through a lil bit of everything I tried the adjustment link that LEOL posted. The first time I tried it didn't work. I went back a few days later to give it another go and it worked! Not sure what happened the first time, but I was excited to finally get her to go in park!

Thanks everyone for their insight!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the whole thing turned out to be an adjustment? Glad you got it figured out. I guess the old one was extremely stretched, that explains the length difference.

OP
OP
B

Bigbrown1998

Reaction score
So the whole thing turned out to be an adjustment? Glad you got it figured out. I guess the old one was extremely stretched, that explains the length difference.

haha yes just an adjustment! I'm glad that's all that it was though. Yea I think you are right with that guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze