2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bad news... the shop still isn't able to get me in. Makes me wonder what the purpose of making an appointment is. I've got a couple of alternatives in mind... found someone on Craigslist that looks to do good work that works mobile, so I can get the bumper in place and have him come in and weld things up per the original instructions. That would at least get things mounted up. I can then decide whether or not I want to beef things up a bit, and if I did, he may be able to do that too. The other option is to take it to an actual shop so that they lift it into place and mount it properly. I left a message with the original shop to see how backlogged they are. Will decide what to do tomorrow.

In the mean time I did get something in the mail, which is always fun... all I need now is some wheels (coming on Monday) and some tires.

IMG_6673.JPG

Got a set of locks with the lug nuts but when I look at them it doesn't seem like anything a big set of vise grips couldn't get past.

IMG_6675.JPG

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's hilarious!!

I knew a guy here that woke up to find his Escalade up on blocks (borrowed from the neighbor) and his 22" spinners gone. Not sure why anyone would steal spinners but hey, I'm not one to judge.

What do you guys use for wheel locks?

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have some kind of spline drive lug nuts. I think they are "gorilla" brand.

So while the key is not common place, it's not super rare either. But I'm not really worried. I've seen my wheels on about 3 dozen vehicles around town.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious!!

I knew a guy here that woke up to find his Escalade up on blocks (borrowed from the neighbor) and his 22" spinners gone. Not sure why anyone would steal spinners but hey, I'm not one to judge.

What do you guys use for wheel locks?
I live in a small town where it is unlikely that anyone will steal my wheels but if they do I have insurance and my wheels are stock wheels. In the past, I have just bought wheel-locks from the dealership. If I had to go overnight to some questionable areas, I would probably get the locks too.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually don't think I've ever had wheel locks before. Then again, these wheels I'm getting are the first new wheels (other than stock) that I've ever bought! Combined with the tires, this set of shoes is probably going to set me back a good $2500. I only carry liability insurance so spending a little extra to hopefully discourage someone from trying to steal my wheels/tires may be a cheap investment.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you got a quote on comprehensive ins?

with all the stuff you are doing to that it might be worth it.

any crook can get around wheel locks real easy

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you got a quote on comprehensive ins?

with all the stuff you are doing to that it might be worth it.

any crook can get around wheel locks real easy

Definitely something to look into, thanks for the suggestion! My brother-in-law is my insurance guy so will check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360