2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up my Bumper this morning25f3e1e68961e46e548f6c463e19c31f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very cool, Scoot!! So nice to be able to just drive down and pick it up! Can't wait to see what you end up doing to it and seeing it on your Expedition!

BTW that's a very cool pole rack you've got going there! You can probably market that and get a side business going :).

jim midd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very cool, Scoot!! So nice to be able to just drive down and pick it up! Can't wait to see what you end up doing to it and seeing it on your Expedition!

BTW that's a very cool pole rack you've got going there! You can probably market that and get a side business going :).
Yeah WAM is only like a 1hr and 35 minutes drive South of me so it was nice.
Natalie was very nice and helpful with additional information . And she was a Hottie ;)
Yeah I can't wait either but gotta get the Winch and Bedliner spray. Then get it mounted and c if I still wanna trim the lower outter corners on the bottom..
Thanks and I'll post pictures when that time comes..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove out to the beach on Sunday to check out a new beach access area. Still getting a body vibe that seemed to get worse with time so decided to take her in for yet another road force balance on Monday. The shop was getting close to closing time so the guy asked about the shake. I told him about the previous balance attempt and how the driver side, rear tire had something wrong with it and how they repositioned the tire on the wheel. They focused on the rear tires and low and behold they discovered the driver side rear could no longer be balanced! So they gave me a new tire!

Long Beach, WA.

IMG_8650.JPG

... and my new tire! Drives soooo much better!!

IMG_8658.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove out to the beach on Sunday to check out a new beach access area. Still getting a body vibe that seemed to get worse with time so decided to take her in for yet another road force balance on Monday. The shop was getting close to closing time so the guy asked about the shake. I told him about the previous balance attempt and how the driver side, rear tire had something wrong with it and how they repositioned the tire on the wheel. They focused on the rear tires and low and behold they discovered the driver side rear could no longer be balanced! So they gave me a new tire!

Long Beach, WA.

... and my new tire! Drives soooo much better!!

View attachment 22168
It is really great when a shop stands behind their products and their work.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is really great when a shop stands behind their products and their work.

Couldn't agree more. I was really hoping they would replace it because that left rear tire was suspect for a while so when I saw them pulling the old tire off the wheel with a new one on the floor right next to it I started smiling :).

This was all right after a young kid was told he had a bad tire on his car and they "legally" were not allowed to put it back on. Wouldn't let him put it back on. He couldn't afford a new one, and they didn't have a used one his size. He called his dad who proceeded to yell at one of the Les Schwab guys. Eventually the manager said they had found a used tire that was close to the size he needed and they got him on his way. I felt bad for the kid. Wished they would have found that solution before it escalated.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I was really hoping they would replace it because that left rear tire was suspect for a while so when I saw them pulling the old tire off the wheel with a new one on the floor right next to it I started smiling :).

This was all right after a young kid was told he had a bad tire on his car and they "legally" were not allowed to put it back on. Wouldn't let him put it back on. He couldn't afford a new one, and they didn't have a used one his size. He called his dad who proceeded to yell at one of the Les Schwab guys. Eventually the manager said they had found a used tire that was close to the size he needed and they got him on his way. I felt bad for the kid. Wished they would have found that solution before it escalated.
I can understand that being a safety issue and mismatched tires aren't good on any vehicle. If I was the dad, I would have put new tires on it for him. Heck, I've done it for all three of my kids when they didn't have the money for tires. I can't let them drive around on unsafe tires. I've done it when I had to go into debt for them, but that's what you sign up for when you become a dad. :)

It would have been nice if they could have done that first. It would have left a better impression with him. This way, he'll never be back.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went nutty with the LEDs....
Blue in the rear cabin, amber licence plate and front and mirror turn signal, bright white everywhere elseb623c5c9b82932a2b1216270918acb61.jpg50cd48cbe29d7c130a3b27fe3c17ee7b.jpg45e50f354fb3b800c50904272da4d52f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

If you want to have good visibility out the back, high-powered white LICENSE PLATE lights are a must....

Its sounds odd but they really light it all up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971