2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up my Bumper this morning25f3e1e68961e46e548f6c463e19c31f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is that thing gonna stay on OK???

Looks heavy.... and stock bumper mounts are amazingly flimsy, properly intentionally so

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Looks heavy.... and stock bumper mounts are amazingly flimsy, properly intentionally so
Yes iits heavy probably 100 lbs if I had to guess.
Yeah the factory mounts are flimsy u have to cut them off and WAM Bumpers includes all New mounting hardware and New Mounting Brackets and they are solid .
I use mine off-roading alot trail riding and mud bogging so this is not a Mall Crawler .

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes iits heavy probably 100 lbs if I had to guess.
Yeah the factory mounts are flimsy u have to cut them off and WAM Bumpers includes all New mounting hardware and New Mounting Brackets and they are solid .
I use mine off-roading alot trail riding and mud bogging so this is not a Mall Crawler .

Scoot!! Did you get that modified like you wanted and mounted? Haven't seen any pics!

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Looks AWESOME! Nice work! Hey, what year is yours? Looks just like mine!
Thanks Bob!
Been wanting to get this done for a long time.
The front was easy but those rears were a bit more challenging.
Beefy stuff.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yup, you're right. I was actually hoping to try to mount mine to the existing mounts at one point but I had already started cutting one off so just continued. Here's how I ultimately got it mounted... bolted to the frame, 4 bolts each side, 2 top, 2 bottom. Cut a decent sized hole on the opposite side of the frame to get the nuts onto the bolt. It's a bit of a challenge balancing the nut on the tip of the finger to get it onto the bolt. Bumper isn't going anywhere :).

File_003.jpeg

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scoot!! Did you get that modified like you wanted and mounted? Haven't seen any pics!
Not yet brother don't got the time working 6 days a week and Sundays I'm to tired.
I'm hoping to be able to do something over Christmas holidays when I got time off work.
I done burned up my vacation days so I can't use that. But we will see what happens..

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not yet brother don't got the time working 6 days a week and Sundays I'm to tired.
I'm hoping to be able to do something over Christmas holidays when I got time off work.
I done burned up my vacation days so I can't use that. But we will see what happens..

I hear ya! I had mine sitting around for a month or two as well before getting around to getting it mounted. Even now, it's not quite done but done enough to where I'm not that motivated to finish her off given the other things I've got going on :).