2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another strong possibility...

379c9f76-4c98-45f5-a0e0-da7b79e435c6
All Black.JPG

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I say black lip and the center spokes color matched to your lower trim

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That there is straight outta Mad Max movies

As I was looking over the pictures that Natalie from WAM sent me I was reminded of a picture that I saw of another Expedition with the same bumper...

View attachment 19565

I didn't like how the ends of the bumper, where it wraps around the side of the vehicle, were open... having the thin edge of the sheet metal exposed. So I shot a note to Natalie along with a picture of what I was thinking... sheet metal welded to the very end of the bumper so that it's essentially closed off.

View attachment 19562

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny you say that because I had seen some pictures of that as well as the opposite, chrome spokes but with the lip painted to match the color of the truck. Looks damn cool!

But I'm getting a bad case of sticker shock when looking at prices of just regular wheels... doesn't even include the tires! May need to run with what I have for the time being.

Painted Lips.JPG

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or did the rear wheels come forward a bit? The control arms are at an angle, rotated towards the back. With the lift the wheels may get sucked forward a bit. Or maybe it's just more noticeable because the wheel wells sit up higher?

I believe thats an alignment spec called caster

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe thats an alignment spec called caster

Thanks for the inputs... she's going in for an alignment tomorrow so I'll mention it and see if there's any adjusting that's possible. Seems like all the lifted gen 2's (maybe others) have the rear wheel come a little closer to the front of the fender well. I also know that the control arms are rotated relative to the body with the hubs towards the back. So a lift will cause the wheels to move ever so slightly closer to the forward fender well.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't get color matched wheels. Although I couldn't find Handicorn doing color matched wheels..... You get the idea:

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was this close to having to settle for this for my next upgrade...

Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

Fridge went on the blink a few days ago and I'm saying goodbye to any hope of getting new wheels and tires. Luckily I was able to get my old fridge going again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357