2003 Expedition XLT 4X4 - AC Only Works On MAX A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aesani

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedition, Triton, 2-valve V8, 4X4. The A/C works, but only blows out cold air on the MAX A/C setting.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Does all the other vent speeds work? Does it work without the AC in other speeds (ambient air)?

Keynan

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you but I had a similar problem where the AC on my 01 EB would only blow cold air on high when it wanted to. I changed the blower motor resistor and everything worked for a few days and when the problem resurfaced days later I changed the blower motor and have had zero issues with the AC on any setting.

Plati

Reaction score
Seem to recall someone on here said the only difference between max a/c setting and coldest “normal” setting is max a/c recirculates interior cabin air vs exterior outside air

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only difference between Max A/C and regular is Max draws from the cabin. There is a flap door on the passenger side that moves to draw from inside. What are you pressures on the A/C system. The system could be low.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
The only difference between Max A/C and regular is Max draws from the cabin. There is a flap door on the passenger side that moves to draw from inside. What are you pressures on the A/C system. The system could be low.

If that's true then a vacuum leak is a good suspect