2003 ford expedition 4.6 Cruise control wont lock in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comtecjon

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2003 ford expedition 4.6 98k miles, cruise control wont set. I've replaced all buttons, brake cut off switch, Passes all tests servo static test good, kicks throttle, I have no idea what to do next.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So when you're cruising down the highway, you hit the ON button then the SET button, does the little green icon light up on the instrument cluster ? It's just not grabbing and maintaining the speed you select ? But when you are parked and run through the speed control switch test you do hear it actuate the throttle ?

OP
OP
C

comtecjon

Reaction score
I hit on while driving, and set, no green sync lite. when in park no run, I do speed contol switch test, I do hear it actate the throttle.

thank you for responding this thing is driving me nuts..

OP
OP
C

comtecjon

Reaction score
Hi
Yes it's always passed all button tests after i replaced them, then throttle kicks. still wouldn't lock in cruise control. I replaced bpp switch now it fails 2 flashes at the end of test. If i apply the brake a few times then it will pass and kick. indicates bad bpp switch. so I replaced it again now it fails same way auto fail 2 flashes at the end of test, apply brake a couple times, then test will pass. did I put the bpp switch in wrong? I saw a post where he had to lift the break pedal to put switch in? I should have left the original bpp switch in it passed every time but wouldn't sync cruise control.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire