2003 Rear A/C not blowing, Blower, Fuse & Resistor is Good. HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeeeePIMPact

Reaction score
Hello,

First off let me say, I've been referencing your site ever since I purchased my truck. This is my first post though.

I am having a problem among other with my Rear A/C not blowing air in the back... About 2-3 weeks ago my belt shredded and my mechanic told me it was because of my A/C condenser locking up. I thought this was strange because the A/C condenser had never given me any problems, nor ever made any noise, much less always blew cold air...

Nonetheless I replaced the condenser in hopes of this problem not happening again... Fast forward till now, and now my rear a/c is not blowing at ALL... I've never had a problem with my rear a/c working and has always blown and always blew cold...

I have taken the blower out and bench tested it. It works fine. I used a jumper to bypass, the blower resistor and is still a no go... I have also check the fuse at the #107 location and it is good.

I do know the front a/c needs to be on and all fan speeds are at 4 at the time of testing.

The only other information I can provide, is that I do seem to be missing both actuators, which my mechanic has told me, would have no effect on the blowing of the a/c.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you for any and all help!

Richard.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need some more information.

Is your front A/C controls EATC or MANUAL control?

How did you check fuse 107?

Did you check any other fuses and if so which fuses and how did you check them?

• The auxiliary blower motor is inoperative
  • Fuse.
  • Circuitry short/open.
  • Auxiliary blower motor relay.
  • Auxiliary blower motor.
  • The auxiliary blower motor does not operate correctly using the front auxiliary climate controls
  • Fuse.
  • Circuitry short/open.
  • Auxiliary blower motor switch.
  • Auxiliary blower motor resistor.
  • The auxiliary blower motor does not operate correctly using the rear auxiliary climate controls
  • Fuse.
  • Circuitry short/open.
  • Auxiliary blower motor switch.
  • Auxiliary blower motor resistor.

OP
OP
D

DeeeePIMPact

Reaction score
Bedrck47 THANK YOU for the welcome and suggestions.

I apologize for not mentioning my front controls are EATC...

I tested all the blade fuses in the kick panel with a light tester. The fuse in #107 I switched with a similar fuse used to start the car, with the similar fuse removed the car would not start. I put the fuse that was in #107 and the car starts. I did not test any of the other fuses similar in style to the fuse at the #107 location.

I am pretty sure there is a short some where just a matter of where I guess... Having trouble finding it, and wire testing electronics is not my forte :( Just trying to do as much as I can by myself.

I have already tried to jump the rear blower resister by grounding the Orange/Red wire on the resistor and still no joy :(

Are there any other fuses besides the 1 at the #107 location I should be looking at? I tried measuring continuity between the switch in the headliner console to the wire connecting the blower resister and no joy.

I tried measuring for voltage at the blower resister and it fluctuates... Again wire testing is not my forte so I am not confident in my voltage findings.

Because of wire testing not being my forte could you explain what to test, where and how and I can tell you what I find? :)

THANK YOU for your help & quick response Bedrck47!!

OP
OP
D

DeeeePIMPact

Reaction score
I guess I am going to go try to find the location of the Auxiliary blower motor relay and try to figure out a way to test it... :)

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auxiliary blower motor relay is located over the passenger side rear wheel well see attached print

Attachments

• 151-31.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
D

DeeeePIMPact

Reaction score
I know of the fuse box in the passenger side kick panel, is there another fuse box some where? IF so, could you please tell me where? I keep finding references to the Ford Expedition 3rd generation – fuse box – power distribution box but can't find it anywhere... :(

I am guessing that is where the Auxiliary blower motor relay is according to diagrams. Just having trouble finding it :(