2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dava

Reaction score
I have enjoyed my 2004 Expedition(230k) and would love to keep it but in the past year have invested over 3000.00 with Ford dealership and town mechanic repairs that still have not resolved the main issue. Have always performed all maintenance per Ford manual since purchased new in 2004. The car is in great condition (exterior/Interior) since always parked in garage and kept clean. The main issue is stalling while driving. Scary!! Have had three new alternators (last one being new ford one), new keys made, New PCM, New Harness, and some type of coils? (I am not familiar with cars, just a nurse). The fuel pump has been checked and stated from mechanic that the pressure is ok. No codes have ever displayed during anytime with issues even though check engine light would come on and will intermittently now come on when stalling while driving. Just hate to keep putting money into issue that can not be resolved even by Ford themselves. Should I just send it to Junk yard? not safe of anyone to drive but looks good.

RonB1964

Reaction score
I always cringe when someone replaces a PCM. My parents had a Taurus where a mechanic replaced the PCM with a Napa unit, which caused some dangerous driveability issues. My Dad ended up getting a used PCM from the same exact car model, year and build date he had and the issue was resolved. The correct firmware in the PCM is critical to a proper working system.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an old Honda for a bit that had a similar problem with the Fuel Pump relay that was intermittent. Usually wasn't a shut off issue, (but sometimes was), but wouldn't start when relay was too warm. Certainly worth a shot since they are relatively inexpensive.