2004 Expedition No Fan Speed Adjustment In Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnorris1531

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Expedition and while on vacation my climate control module in the dash flickered for a day then went dead. I ordered a replacement on Ebay and now the rear climate control works (all fan settings as well as heat and A/C) but in the front I have no fan control and cannot hear any dampers switching position (for instance from floor setting to dash vent setting changes). If I put the A/C button on it lights up and I can feel a faint blowing from the defrost and by my feet but VERY faint. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

OP
OP
T

tnorris1531

Reaction score
Thanks, super happy to find this forum! I have automatic controls with dual climate control for driver and passenger. However nothing works up front. Even if I put it in Auto it doesnt change the fan speed at all.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked fuses and if so how did you check them and which fuses did you check Fuse # please

OP
OP
T

tnorris1531

Reaction score
I actually have pulled all the fuses in search of the issue. None were visibly damaged (I work as a marine electrician so I know what a bad fuse looks like) I also replaced the relay just in case and still nothing.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you may be a marine electrician and I don't doubt that. And the fuses may look good and not blown But answer this. Could you see the voltage flowing thru the fuse? Or did you test for voltage into and out of the fuse

The thing about working on these expeditions is looks can be deceiving. If a vehicle doesn't start would you just look at the battery and say it looks good or would you test it.

The EATC system works on voltage. You could have 20 known and tested good fuses hooked in series but if you don't have the 12 volts you have a dead circuit.

OP
OP
T

tnorris1531

Reaction score
I checked the voltage coming in and leaving the fuse box and it was good. I will run the diagnostics on the EATC and see what the codes come back as.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when you checked the fuses was the key in the ignition and was the engine running or was the key out