2004 factory HU compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abyars

Reaction score
My 2004 6 disc changer has finally quit. The changer will no longer load or unload discs. Everytime we start the Expedition it makes noise going through the start-up sequence.

I'd like to purchase a known good factory HU and swap it out. Does anyone know what years are compatible with my 2004 Expedition stereo wiring? It has the mach audio system with he powered subwoofer, 6 disc changer that is satellite ready. Will an F150 radio work?

I"ve tried an expensive aftermarket Kenwood and my wife did not like it at all. I sent it back to Crutchfield.

I've got to either have this radio repaired or replace it with another factory unit.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
03 to 06 should be plug n play.
07 and up might have different plugs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

abyars

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your help. I'll do some research on both options.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one i just pulled out of my expedition today. I decided to go aftermarket, shoot me an offer if you are interested. Factory sub, DVD player, SAT ready, 6 CD all of that jazz.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it has the dvd/aux button which does the rear entertainment and the rear aux ports. 2004 did not have an aux connection from the factory, but i have seen kits that add that.