2005 Expedition Dips When Brakes Are Pressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryno_rx8

Reaction score
I have an 05 EB 4x4, it has been doing great but about 2 weeks ago i hit the brakes pretty hard because of traffic and it yanked to one side and i had to correct and almost rolled that dang thing. Now it does it anytime i stop, whether it be from like 30 mph or 60 mph. At slower speeds it not as bad but noticeable. It feels almost like the back is lifting up and the front left is dipping down. Took it to a brake shop and they brakes are ok. Could it be a Strut or front suspension item?? It rides good otherwise.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Check the brake hose on the front left, usually when those go bad the car pulls toward the side of the bad hose when pressure is applied.

Also best thing you could do is remove the brakes yourself and do your own inspection, check maybe a brake pad shifted out of way or something is loose or broken. Usually just removing the wheel tells a whole story,

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had that problem on my 05 last summer. I had a bad caliper. Whenever I applied the brakes at speed it pulled significantly to the right enough to act like you were changing lanes.

Since I still had the original calipers up front we replaced rotors pads, calipers and hoses up front and I did rear rotors, pads, and parking brake shoes at the same time. I have a buddy that has a shop and he saved me a lot of money over what I would have paid somewhere else. That fixed the problem.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lubricate the slider pins and the area where the brake pads make contact with the bracket. I think one of your front calipers is grabbing.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try pushing the pistons back into the calipers. If one is hanging up that will tell you

if they push in easily try moving the caliper in the slide.

could also be the hose but the calipers themselves are more common to hang up

also look for uneven pad wear