2007 EL needs air to coil suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2007 EL and have a blown air shock on the drivers rear. The passenger rear is also leaking slowly and I want to do a conversion to coils. I have found several very inexpensive conversions from Monroe, Suncore, and Unity. The only one specifically listed for the EL that I have found is from Strutmasters and if I can get away with half the price I will. Anyone put the regular Expedition conversion on an EL? It is only about 200-300 pounds different and I only tow a tiny trailer for my kayak so heavy stuff isn’t needed for me. Any help?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
95% sure Rancho and Bilstein and Monroe warnings saying "will not fit air ride" are solely referring to the fact that it won't be air ride ANYMORE once you install em

Note that bilstein is JUST the shocks.... you'll still need the coils and the mounting hardware and you'd need to buy that elsewhere

Except for the module for fooling the air ride electronics, the strutmasters kit has el cheapo chinese versions of the same shit offered in better Monroe and Rancho quickstrut coilover kits

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
95% sure Rancho and Bilstein and Monroe warnings saying "will not fit air ride" are solely referring to the fact that it won't be air ride ANYMORE once you install em

Note that bilstein is JUST the shocks.... you'll still need the coils and the mounting hardware and you'd need to buy that elsewhere

Except for the module for fooling the air ride electronics, the strutmasters kit has el cheapo chinese versions of the same shit offered in better Monroe and Rancho quickstrut coilover kits
Thanks for the info. I ordered the Suncore conversion and will hopefully have good results.

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Suncore kit worked great. It only took about 3 hours including a couple beers. For $180 I think it is the best bang for the buck. My EL sits right at 1-1/4 inches higher then it did with the factory air struts. It might settle a bit but the ride quality was affected very little so I’m just happy to not have to worry about a saggy ass.