2007 expedition El, driver's lowbeam not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac21

Reaction score
replace bulb ,and checked fuses #7 and #8,check voltage and only getting 9volts to the low-beam and 11 V to high beam
ground and fuses are fine. Passenger side is all good. can someone provide the wiring diagram
for this car. or any suggestion will be appreciated.
the driver low-beam blinks briefly when i turn the lights on.
all was working fine a week ago.
same in all light-switch possitions
This are the stock headlights

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Visually inspect the wiring from the bulb up to where you can reach for signs of chafing and vibration damage.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First I would read the voltage going into and out of Fuses 7, 8 and 23 Make sure you have 12+ volts at both sides of those fuses

If you have 12+ volts at those points then you want to locate connector C2280A which is a 13 pin connector on the right side of the fuse block it will only be using 9 of the 13 pins on that connector You will need to find pin 4 which is a blue/green wire and also pin 13 which is a brown/blue wire Then turn on your low beams and read the voltage at those pins

Post the results of all voltage readings You should reply back to this thread with 8 voltage readings

I will give you some more information after you post the readings

OP
OP
J

jac21

Reaction score
I did follow the harness from the headlight and there is no apparent damage until it merges with the big harness, voltage on fuse 7&8 is 12v on all points I haven't check 23 but the other side high-beam is working fine. will try later and get all voltage reading from conector c2280a

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good voltage readings When you read the voltage at the head lamps how did you have your test leads connected Were they connected to the wires at the connector or did you have one lead on the hot wire and the other lead to the battery neg terminal If you tested at the connector then try one lead on the hot wire and the other lead to the battery neg terminal

OP
OP
J

jac21

Reaction score
Positive to hot wire and
negative lead to chassis.
and cut the hot wire from the connector just in case
there was a short at the connector. same results.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the meantime take your meter and put it on the ohm scale disconnect C2280a from the fuse box and also unplug the connector from the drivers low beam and measure the resistance from pin 13 to the brown/blue wire at the low beam connector

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis