2007 Expedition Vibrating at about 40 MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Mike, I'm glad you saw this. I read so many of these that I remember the incident but forget who posted it. I hope this helps Wess.

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it was mentioned before to check the prop shaft (driveshaft). Also could be a transmission mount or maybe engine mount

SteveOH07

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I don't have the vibration issue, but with respect to the transmission fluid, my 07 doesn't have a tran-fluid dipstick. Apparently, Ford didn't think this model needed one?? Is there another way to check fluid level?

Eddie03Bauer

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen with my 03 Eddie. I bought my Expy dirt cheap because it had lots of issues, this being one of them. Transmission seemed like it was slipping at times but checked it over and everything seemed ok. The fix for mine was to replace all the COPs. I had no codes, all coils seem to spark just fine. I spent a little over $300 to replace all the COPs, boots and plugs. I was very reluctant to do this because the COPs seemed to fire good. The plugs looked pretty good and I had zero to very few misfires on the scan tool I used. My justification to spend that much was it had 221,000 mikes on it and I didn't really know the history of it. I'm glad I did now, because it runs great and has loads of power! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

kenwear

Reaction score
Purchased a 2007 Excursion about a year ago. About 180k miles. Have the same vibration between 40 - 50 mph or at a lower RPM. I take it out of over drive, RPM's will increase a bit and it goes away. Then when at 60 put OD back on and smooth sailing. No clue what causes this. Have read the many threads here but nothing conclusive. No way to check tranny fluid, I did read somewhere that changing out the fluid helped. One of these days will run it by my shop.

Bill McCauley

Reaction score
Mine did it too at 140000. It was related to overdrive shift point. Had a transmission overhaul for about $3400 tha has corrected the issue.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased a 2007 Excursion about a year ago. About 180k miles. Have the same vibration between 40 - 50 mph or at a lower RPM. I take it out of over drive, RPM's will increase a bit and it goes away. Then when at 60 put OD back on and smooth sailing. No clue what causes this. Have read the many threads here but nothing conclusive. No way to check tranny fluid, I did read somewhere that changing out the fluid helped. One of these days will run it by my shop.
kenwear. Welcome to the Forum. That sounds like you found a good work around.

kenwear

Reaction score
Thank you, for now everything is good. With 188k miles on the truck it runs good and interior is still great. Previous owner took good care of it changing the oil ever 3,000 miles and even came with the paperwork. Would like to fix this problem but do not want to sink $4,000 into it and have it not fixed. These things keep on ticking!

ctanis

Reaction score
I had this exact problem, that slowly got worse. My Mechanic was stumped, but some other forum posts helped me solve the issue.

I had my Mechanic Change the Transmission Fluid and Filter, and it cleared up the problem. A simple fix that costs about $300.