2007 P0305, P0300, P0307 completely lost.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paul andrews

Reaction score
20170920_220210.jpg I have a 2007 Expedition El with 142000 miles and I started getting a rough idle with a P0305 code. I replaced the plug and fuel filter since I wasn't sure about original owner. Still had the code so I replaced COP on #5. Engine still runs rough with no power and throws intermittent P0300, P0305, P0307. I have switched injectors and codes don't change. Attached is the Freeze frame data from my scanner. I have to tic from the cam phasers. Could they cause this problem? Fuel trim levels are way different on the banks. Any ideas of what would cause this?

Mikep01

Reaction score
Just to be sure you got the right cylinders it’s 1 to 4 on the right side (passenger side) and 5 to 8 on the left (drivers side).

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have a vacuum leak on bank 1 probably an intake manifold leak. And you have a rich mixture on bank 2 due to lack of spark on cylinder 5 & 7. If cop and plugs are new, check the female connectors if loose.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 21647 I have a 2007 Expedition El with 142000 miles and I started getting a rough idle with a P0305 code. I replaced the plug and fuel filter since I wasn't sure about original owner. Still had the code so I replaced COP on #5. Engine still runs rough with no power and throws intermittent P0300, P0305, P0307. I have switched injectors and codes don't change. Attached is the Freeze frame data from my scanner. I have to tic from the cam phasers. Could they cause this problem? Fuel trim levels are way different on the banks. Any ideas of what would cause this?
Hi Paul is yours a flex fuel vehicle?

This might be helpful

OP
OP
P

paul andrews

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had the right bank for 5 and 7. Will see if I can hunt down vacuum leak tomorrow. And correct no flex fuel. Is 28 den advance a norm for this engine? Just curious if the cam phaser tic can make timing jump around. Most stuff I read seams to say it's just an annoyance.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had the right bank for 5 and 7. Will see if I can hunt down vacuum leak tomorrow. And correct no flex fuel. Is 28 den advance a norm for this engine? Just curious if the cam phaser tic can make timing jump around. Most stuff I read seams to say it's just an annoyance.
Paul, if you watch that video I posted he covers a lot of the questions that you asked. Even though he explains this is a flex fuel vehicle he still talks about standard fuel vehicles and the differences in the readings. It's worth the 30 minutes to watch it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360