2007 small oil leak leak front passenger side of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
well, I was under the impression that the oil pans were unlikely to leak on these, but thats what it looks like mine is. as far as oil pans go on newer vehicles, this doesnt look like it will be too awful

The cross member has to be removed. It's a much bigger and time consuming job than you think bro. If you don't have a lift or sitting high on stands you're gonna have a nightmare replacing it

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks for the heads up. I've got to drop the front diff too. Looks like I've got to maneuver around the rack also. Compared to other vehicles I've done, this looks pretty easy.

I do need to grab a factory service manual from somewhere.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
You can try tightening the bolts on the pan, first. 14-16ftlbs. I had some old Dodges and Chevys, with oil pan, seepage(never a Ford). I found the bolts, were not that tight. The oil pan, only catches oil, it is not under pressure. A bad PCV, lets gases build up and could cause a leak, or make it worse. Does your oil, smell like fuel? Excess piston blow-by, could cause the crankcase to overpressure. It will leak at the rear and front main seals. Replace the PCV and try leaving the dipstick out a hair. It will work like a vent. A blocked exhaust and over filling, with oil, will also cause a overpressure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357