2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000GM

Reaction score
I have the Bi-Directional Ford Remote Starter (dealer installed) in my 2011 Expy EL. It has worked great all along, until I recently took it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed to run 15 mins. instead of the default 10 mins. The dealer said there was a software update and it changed the way the fob operates. Instead of pressing the button twice, you now press it once, hold it for a second or two (red light is on), then release. It beeps once and flashes green; then beeps/flashes twice to confirm start. However, it no longer gives 3 flashes/beeps when the cycle ends. It's very annoying not to have that notification. I also don't really care for holding the button instead of two presses - it's kind of sketchy and at times, doesn't seem to engage. Anyone else experienced this "software update" and/or know if there's a way to get the cycle end notifications back? Thanks!
I believe if you check the changeable options chart, making the remote button need to be pushed once vs twice is on there. I'm assuming the dealer toggled this on you. If that's the case you should be able to toggle it back to a 2-press start command. I don't know if that will return the 2-way start confirmation on the fob back to how it was before though. This is all new to me.

David2

Reaction score
Installed in about 30 minutes after watching your video. Thanks a bunch! Took me a while because the first one I ordered wasn't the right one, but the seller on eBay was awesome and refunded even though I was 2 weeks over the return period. Now if I can just figure out how to extend the runtime, I'll be set. Thanks again!

I may wait till spring to change horn chirp and run time b/c everything is currently working great. It really is easier to change setting when module is laying on floorboard. But run time is controlled in bank 2 option 3, LED on = 10min LED off = 15min. Horn confirm is bank 2 option 6 LED on = horn LED off = no horn.

I will trying logging in as David1 next but I can't even get site to email me my password ????

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, mines a different thing, as soon as Inserted my key, it shuts off the suv, may I know what bank and option do I need to go?
Thanks a lot.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed remote start in my 2011 today. Davids video got me prepped and ready. Took me under 1 hr to get it hooked up and programmed. Would have been, i spent a good 20 mins trying to figure out why remote start was not working.
Apparently having the interior lights set to MAX/ON by accident makes the vehicle think that a car door is opened and i get 3 honks/beeps letting me know that is the reason it wont start.

Thanks !

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, mines a different thing, as soon as Inserted my key, it shuts off the suv, may I know what bank and option do I need to go?
Thanks a lot.

I could log in as myself today :think: !?
Other than the securilok sensor not recognizing your key, Check bank1 option3 "Key-in-Sense polarity" default is LED ON = positive. I don't know what it is for other than possibly Europe.

I still don't know what Bank 2 option 8 does anyone test that ? I was hoping it would allow the heated seats to be controlled ?

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll let you guys know as soon as I fix it, coz right now kinda busy packing up and moving again.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2015 without remote start and am thinking about purchasing the Ford Accessory system. Has this issue been corrected or will I be dealing with the same thing?

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure the 2015s are different than the 2014s and earlier in terms of the install and system used. I actually thought it was a standard option now, or if not, a VERY simple plug and play add on. Given how the 2015s are different, it will likely take a bit of research to figure it out. Sorry I can't help easily.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
Thanks steveg_nh, mine is an XLT with the 200A package. Remote start is not included. It appears that the Ford accessory remote is Plug 'n Play. Estimated dealer charge to install it is $80, which is what... about an hour?

I have installed Bulldog remote start systems on a couple cars and know it can take hours depending on how much splicing you have to do, if you can reach the dag-gone harness. :banghead:

I'll ask my salesman for a pdf of the manual, for the system that plugs into the 2015.

coopboom

Reaction score
Just installed remote start in my 2011 today. Davids video got me prepped and ready. Took me under 1 hr to get it hooked up and programmed. Would have been, i spent a good 20 mins trying to figure out why remote start was not working.
Apparently having the interior lights set to MAX/ON by accident makes the vehicle think that a car door is opened and i get 3 honks/beeps letting me know that is the reason it wont start.

Thanks !
Can I get a link to the video please? please send to: [email protected]