2012 Expedition XLT Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timm

Reaction score
I am looking for a pair of towing mirrors to fit a 2012 Ford Expedition XLT Truck. I was told the 2012 Ford F150 mirrors would work however; it doesn't appear that the bolt patterns match up? I am pulling a 33' travel trailer and my current mirrors are insufficient. Any suggestions as to where I should look? Amazon is asking $350 each!

Reaction score
If you are talking about buying F150 extendable mirrors, it should work. I've read on several other forums where people do that, but the wire harness compatibility may need some investigation.

I would recommend the Aero clip on tow mirrors. I have tried the Reese Tow Power mirrors (dual flat and convex mirrors builtin) and they vibrated alot and it was distracting having 3 images. Currently I have a K-Source Delux Clip on Tow Mirror (large single mirror) that has ratcheting straps that is similar to the Reese and it's better but I plan on upgrading to the Aeros.

OP
OP
T

Timm

Reaction score
Thank you for all the responded. I purchased a set from 1 A Auto and they work amazingly. Only took about 45 minutes to change out both mirrors. Only delay was putting the door panel back into place.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you still need mirrors, I got mine from AM autoparts. Cheaper than 1A auto, and made by the same manufacturer...