2012 expey INTERIOR COURTESY MAP LIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maleficent

Maleficent

Reaction score
Andy,

it's the housing for sure. the wires/connections are registering as hot, so I am going to toy with the connector in the housing. I have a feeling that the bulb is not connecting flush with the housing. i'll work on it this weekend and share my results (or failures).

OP
OP
Maleficent

Maleficent

Reaction score
Flexpedition,

great Idea! I didn't think they were interchangeable due to left/right angles of the headliner.
I'll give it a shot.

thanks again.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy,

it's the housing for sure. the wires/connections are registering as hot, so I am going to toy with the connector in the housing. I have a feeling that the bulb is not connecting flush with the housing. i'll work on it this weekend and share my results (or failures).
Once you have it disconnected, look down in the socket area and make sure that the contacts are in the right place and not bent. It is possible when you installed the LED you bent one of the terminals.

The left and right are interchangeable If I remember correctly. They are just stamped aluminum or tin.

OP
OP
Maleficent

Maleficent

Reaction score
Andy,

sorry for the long delay, life crept up on me. The light issue has been resolved, it was the push button switch that was faulty.
ordered a new switch for $1.25, and presto.
Thanks for all of your advice.

K.