2012 Ford Expedition Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how did you get that??? i h ave the same programmer and when i asked for the CAI tune they said they dont have it and wont because of no interest...then again i have an 04...

When I plug my Cortex in to upgrade I had the option to purchase the CAI tunes.

Alienxtx

Reaction score
I took my stock intake and cut all that crap off, then fiberglassed over the holes and shot a coat of black paint on it. No increase in noise, but I did get a increase in throttle response. I ended up putting the modded intake on my 2010 F150 and built an aluminium intake for the Expo.

Its a little rough because it started raining on me while I was sanding, but the inside is smooth.
IMAG0047.jpg

The one I'm running now.

IMAG0045.jpg

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, after hearing the intake, I am thinking I am going to get the full intake. I am looking at the K&N and the AFE, pretty much the same price, same specs and everything. What is the consensus, which one should I get. I like to get input from everyone on what they have and like, so send me your vote. Thanks all.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, after hearing the intake, I am thinking I am going to get the full intake. I am looking at the K&N and the AFE, pretty much the same price, same specs and everything. What is the consensus, which one should I get. I like to get input from everyone on what they have and like, so send me your vote. Thanks all.

You already have the Truxxx, and I sold ya on Hypertech, so I won't steer ya wrong...K&N! Photo on previous page of this thread.

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You already have the Truxxx, and I sold ya on Hypertech, so I won't steer ya wrong...K&N! Photo on previous page of this thread.

I am leaning that way, it looks like it uses the lower part of the factory filter box, if so, did you do the gotts mod to it as well, seems like you would still benefit from taking out that snorkel.

Also, take a look at the AFE unit, looks pretty nice as well and the filter looks like it is bigger which means more surface area, more air flow. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am leaning that way, it looks like it uses the lower part of the factory filter box, if so, did you do the gotts mod to it as well, seems like you would still benefit from taking out that snorkel.

Also, take a look at the AFE unit, looks pretty nice as well and the filter looks like it is bigger which means more surface area, more air flow. Let me know what you think.

The heat shield clips to the bottom part of the original air box. I never did the GOTTS, just couldn't really see a need. The cone is sucking air from 360 degrees anyway.
Either one is gonna increase air flow, as right now yours is breathing through a straw. I've been a loyal K&N user for years, I just stuck to what I know. Not to knock AFE, Airaid, Spectre, etc... K&N started it!

OP
OP
AzteCypher

AzteCypher

Reaction score

^ This is what I had in mind originally.

Dib, so is the K&N breathing hot air from the engine compartment? This is one of the reasons I wanted to keep the OEM airbox.

Last edited: