2012 Ford Expedition Limited Sunvisor Garage Door Opener Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nameunlisted

Reaction score
Good evening,

Recently my 2012 Ford Expedition Limited has been having problems with the garage door opener in the sunvisor. It started with one day not turning on when i pressed it, but then works the second time i press it. But then a few weeks go by and the garage door opener won't turn on any more. Now having to rely on the switch to my garage, i've been wondering if there are any ways to fix this?

Is this some small wiring issue i can fix or do i have to replace the sunvisor all together and get a new one

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd be better either replacing the sunvisor or just using the remote that came with the opener. The original system was Lear's Car-2-U system which has been discontinued and isn't compatible with newer openers. The replacement visors have the updated HomeLink modules, but are about $314 new.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How old is your garage door opener ? The newer ones went to a double rudder triplex out-of-a-hat security system that only the engineers in the corporate basement can program. So they sell a "bridge" kit that will talk to older Home Link visor units and allow pions to get into their garages. Look on your manufacturer's website for the kit, and then see if your local Home Cheapo has it in stock.