Update: 2013 Expedition issues after radio install.. (figured it out..)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the time today to install my new Pioneer HU with iDatalink Maestro interface. The install went well but now I'm having issues with systems in the truck that I didn't touch.

I made sure to disconnect the battery before I installed the radio and interface.. I was afraid of screwing up the smart junction box if I didn't.

Everything on the radio works.. sub, backup camera, steering wheel controls. I'm having issues with TPMS, climate control, the integrated brake controller and the power running boards. I get a TPMS fault, TBC Fault, the climate control works but the compressor won't kick on, and the right running board works but the left is stuck down.

I'm not even sure where to begin. Any thoughts?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Disconnect the interface from the network and see if the problems persist. If they don't the interface may not meet the specs for the network. In that case contact the company that manufactured the it.

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I did as stamp suggested.. went so far as to reinstall the old radio. The systems that quit working did not return. I've started checking fuses and so far I haven't seen any blown fuses.. so my fear is that some module flaked out when the power was restored.

Does anyone have any ideas about what to check?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the idatalink is taking down the canbus network. Not sure how to prove/repair it but I'm looking into it now with a friend that ownes a car audio shop. Waiting to hear back

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When checking the fuses, r & r each one for the circuits you are having issues with. It might force the module(s) to wake up.

If that doesn't work then it is time for the service manual and fancy scanner.

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it looks like I've got bad instructions from iDatalink. They had me cut a blue/orange wire in the console to hook up the steering wheel controls. I didn't reconnect that wire during my troubleshooting because the steering wheel controls worked on the aftermarket radio while I had it in. I reconnected the wire and everything came back. Now for the next question - where do I grab the steering wheel control wire?