2013 Expedition Max - 80,000 kms // 50, 000 miles ; fothco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fothco

Reaction score
Hi all - this is a useful "forum" . Question plse re Navigation and Sat. signal fades out ; I purchased this in Maple Ridge - WestCoast Ford - BC . They failed to fix the issues ; weak signal from GPS etc . Is it the unit on the roof above Passenger ? Does snow//ice worsen the problem . Why does the Navigation suddenly rectify its self and then quit again . Jacobsen Ford in Salmon Arm , BC already entered the dash area etc and tried to fix . Anybody else had this 'on-and-off' pattern ? Thnxs . fothco . BC

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the satellite radio antenna on the roof above the passenger. The GPS antenna is under the dash between the passenger airbag and the glove box. The satellite radio antenna is notoriously bad (mine sounds like 96kbps MP3s from the Napster/LimeWire times most days) but the GPS antenna is fine, probably a software problem or a problem with the actual module.

There is a TSB for the navigation and losing signal but it doesn't apply to 2013. The only instruction is to update the vehicle software to the latest, and disconnect the battery for 1 minute.

Maybe there are other TSBs that I can't see in ALLDATA, I only have access to 2012.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01