2014 Expedition EL P0720

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EllisFam2010

Reaction score
Hey y'all, new to the forum and am needing some help. Within the last few weeks, the wife got a 2014 Expedition EL Limited to replace her 2009 Suburban. I'm liking it better than the Burb even though I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Chevy guy. One problem we're experiencing with it though; when you take off from a dead stop, it hesitates, the speedometer goes to 0 and the display goes -----. The check engine light comes on occasionally. Sometimes it hesitates in an intersection, sometimes it drives fine. A couple weeks ago, it was a once in a while condition, now it's every day. It's really a PITA as this is my wife's daily driver and only has 26,700 miles on it. I plugged in a code reader and it gave me P0720, output shaft speed sensor. Any recalls or TSBs I should know about? We just sold our 2009 Burb with 166,*** on it and I only had to change the alternator, put a couple sets of tires, and a new battery in it

Chaseus

Reaction score
Im having the same problem with a 2014 I just bought. 60000 miles. Did you ever find a resolution?

Im taking it in tomorrow.

3DogRanch

Reaction score
As a long-time Ford guy, I've seen this occur with corroded or loose battery connections. Seems odd, but the electronics are sensitive in my experience