2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the 2015/16 Expeditions have Adaptive Cruise control. I have a 2013 Flex Limited and it has the adaptive cruise control which we really love. We want to get an Expedition EL to have more cargo space.
I'm looking at this one: 2016 Ford Expedition EL and on page 2 of the photos you can see a pic of the overhead area and behind the rearview mirror there is a similar box like what's on my Flex. I'm thinking this is the camera for it. https://i.imgur.com/xZ1Bv9I.png
But on my Flex there is a "gap" button where the cruise stuff is at on the steering wheel and I don't see that on this steering wheel. https://i.imgur.com/ejEYsYi.png Wondering if maybe it's just done differently. Anyone that can clarify this info.

Thanks
Brad

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the ford big utes are the only trucks without this feature right now unfortunately, they are very out of date on the tech front but most ppl are happy without the features that arent available

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no they dont, the 2018 is scheduled to have it.
all we have is BLIS

that's a bummer. Weird how they only choose certain models to put it in. Especially when we're talking like a Limited edition. Should be standard.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea, unfortunately, the current expy is workin on a platform thats 15 yrs old, its just not compatible with the newish features. thats one reason im waitin, i jus cant find the justification to spend the kinda money ford demands for an essentially 15+ yr truck. most newer vehicles gives u more features for less, and every truck it the expys class has more features for less

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the ford big utes are the only trucks without this feature right now unfortunately, they are very out of date on the tech front but most ppl are happy without the features that arent available
Oh we have a 2003 Expy right now as well as the Flex. We love the Expy and we're wanting to just sell the Flex because we need more room when vacationing (kids getting older and want to bring friends) and the original 2003 Expy has no room when 3rd row is up that's why I want EL version. But I'm not spending $50k+ for an 18 Expy. I want to sell the 2003 Expy and the 2013 Flex and buy like a 2015/16 Expy EL Limited. I just figured since my Flex was '13 and had that tech there should be no reason the 15/16/17's didn't have it but I guess I'm wrong. Bummer. Now I don't know what to do. I probably can't drive a vehicle on trips without Adaptive CC. HAHAHA I'm spoiled.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2003 Expy has 160k miles (5.4l) and the only thing I've ever done on it was replace the Intake manifold because it cracked apart and was leaking. And also an alternator at like 40k mi. This thing is rock solid.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, unfortunately, the current expy is workin on a platform thats 15 yrs old, its just not compatible with the newish features. thats one reason im waitin, i jus cant find the justification to spend the kinda money ford demands for an essentially 15+ yr truck. most newer vehicles gives u more features for less, and every truck it the expys class has more features for less
I configured a Suburban and a Yukon to come up with a comparable model of my 17, Limited EL and they were easily 10K above the sticker price of my EL and that didn't include the adaptive cruise control. It had the rear entertainment system which I didn't want and couldn't remove from the package.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I went and test drove a 2016 Expy EL Limited. I am truly bummed it doesn't have adaptive cruise but I guess I can get over that. But one thing I also noticed m(aybe it was just the one I test drove wasn't linked up or something) but my '13 Flex Limited and my '15 CMax SEL both have the key where you just put your hand behind the pull handle and the doors unlock and then when you get out you touch the little black pad on the outside and they lock. Please tell me this feature is on the Expy. The key for the 16 looked exactly like my other 2 cars and had remote start and push button start so I can't help but think that the Expy has this same feature.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the push button start and the intelligent key, or whatever they call it on the 17 expedition, you can unlock it if you have the key in your pocket by pushing any number on the door you still have to use the last two on the right to lock it. It does not allow you to lock or unlock by touching the handles.