2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so you can just press any button on the keypad? I didn't even try that. I had no idea that's how it worked. I'll have to try that next time I test drive one. That was almost a deal killer for me because my wife just has the key in her purse on our Flex and C-Max and never has to get it out in order to get into the cars. 7/9 to lock is fine because she's used to that on the Flex and older Expedition.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the key is in your pocket, you can push any button and it will unlock. To lock it you push the 7/8 and 9/0 button at the same time. If you don't have your key you can use your personal code or the factory code to unlock the door but you will still need the key to start in your pocket to start.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes - BLIS is on my Platinum and likely available as an option or in a package on other trims. The BLIS light in the mirror is way too small to be effective in my opinion.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes - BLIS is on my Platinum and likely available as an option or in a package on other trims. The BLIS light in the mirror is way too small to be effective in my opinion.

What's the difference between Ltd and Pltnm

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I remember, Platinum makes most options standard, like the suspension system, the 22" wheels, moonroof, Navi, power stainless running boards, different front grille treatment. I think the exterior mirrors are upgraded on the platinum too. You can compare models - for a 2017 - on the website.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between Ltd and Pltnm
The way my 17 is configured I have everything but the suspension and I haven't driven a Platinum to know if the suspension makes that big of a difference. Mine rides pretty nice and it pretty similar to my 05 that had working air suspension. The only thing I miss is the self-leveling feature. I have my options in my signature below.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You are totally correct - the BLIS warning light (about the diameter of a #2 pencil) is TOO small.

On my 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 with the BLIS system, the BLIS warning light in the outside mirrors will dim if the headlights are turned on. My state requires headlights on if it is raining during the daytime. Very stupid design feature by Ford to dim the warning light if the headlights are turned on.

My wife has a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the blind spot warning feature in the outside mirrors. The warning light symbol is large and very bright - and doesn't dim if the headlights are turned on.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The BLIS would be okay the way it is if it just had a special warning tone, then you would always know when someone was coming up on your blind spot without having to look in the mirror. I do miss my bigger mirrors from my 05 though.