2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ynpmoose

Reaction score
Can someone answer this? This is kinda back to the original question I had on this forum regarding the Expedition EL.

Do the Limited EL 2016's only come in White/Silver/Black/Grey? My wife really wants a Blue one but I can't see to find one anywhere within 100 miles radius of our location. And what about King Ranch or Platinum? What is the difference between those models? Do they even make them in EL versions? Where can I find a spec sheet from Ford that shows what was available in 2016? Also can you find a 2015 with push button start and easy entry access with the keyfob in your pocket/purse? I don't necessarily need Sync 3, MFT would be fine, if they even put that on Expeditions. I'm so frustrated. I'm only able to find 2 Expeditions in my area and both are Black with Black leather.

I have a 2016 that is dark blue. "Blue Jean Metallic"

CFlow07

Reaction score
I tried to update my system from Sync 3 1.0 to the latest version to no avail. I first tried a a 64 3.0. and it failed. Then I tried a 64gb 2.0 and it failed. I came back to the forum and some said that you had to use a 32gb drive. I did that and it failed. Are there any other options?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I tried to update my system from Sync 3 1.0 to the latest version to no avail. I first tried a a 64 3.0. and it failed. Then I tried a 64gb 2.0 and it failed. I came back to the forum and some said that you had to use a 32gb drive. I did that and it failed. Are there any other options?
Dealership. Ford has issue with releasing some license agreement to do it. A lot of ppl are having this issue with other ford vehicles

CFlow07

Reaction score
Dealership. Ford has issue with releasing some license agreement to do it. A lot of ppl are having this issue with other ford vehicles

Thanks!!! They want to charge me 200.00 just to update my Sync 3 1.0...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Head over to this thread...do some
reading.

Synch 3 Wifi update

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/synch-3-wifi-update.33321/

I have not had any issue getting any Sync update to complete. I have done 50+. Both my Edge and my Expedition are both running the “non-official” Sync 3 v3.0(276). A LOT of times it takes multiple reboots, and just leaving it connected for a few days. My best luck has been with one of my old 16GB 2.0 drives. For some reason the unit seems to like that drive.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What @LokiWolf said. I'm using a 16 GB 2.0 USB drive and it works fine.

CFlow07

Reaction score
Ford is not updating any 16's from 1.0/1.1 to 2.0/2.2 that I am aware of at this time. Not sure what they are waiting for. Lots of talk on the F-150 and Edge Forums about it. A guy named Jason has access to the updates and has shared installs that will do the update. 2.2 is technically the highest, and what the newest Fords coming from the factory have installed. Anything 2.0 and above supports AA and CarPlay. CarPlay requires a USB hub with a certain Apple certified Hub. Most 16's, at least Mustangs, and Edge's that I am aware of for sure need to swap the Hub to get CarPlay. It makes sense that the 16 Expedition would be the same.

I have the install files to take any 1.0/1.1/2.0 to 2.2 if anybody needs it. I worked with Jason on testing the install. I have done several friends with no issue.

How can I get a copy of 2.2?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can I get a copy of 2.2?

2.3 is actually the most current official update from Ford. Head to the Ford owner site, put your VIN in and go to the Sync update page. It should give you the download.

CFlow07

Reaction score
2.3 is actually the most current official update from Ford. Head to the Ford owner site, put your VIN in and go to the Sync update page. It should give you the download.

Thanks. I did that. I first get an error Message, and then I get the download. Weird!