2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i can see that as a irritant, i tested one with the bliss and that little dot can be hard to see without a second glance. the ccd option does make the truck ride smoother on "smooth" roads but if you like road feel than you probably would like your set up more anyway, either way its smoother than any thing below its price tag . idk if the old 2nd expys w air drove like the equivalent navi but i kno the 2nd gen navi had a smoother softer more luxurious feel compared to the expy with coils. i kno most ppl are sayin the 18 mirrors are 2 small but if you look at the actual visible area of tbe glass, its larger than the current models

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem with the CCD in the Platinum is you have to get the 22Inch wheels with it, and you don't have the ability for the load leveling shocks. You also lose towing capability because of the CCD. I have the limited with the 301A package and the Load Leveling shocks. Everything that comes on a Platinum other than the CCD and 22Inch wheels, with maximum towing and payload, and cheaper tires!

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LokiWolf - More details on the loss of towing capacity with CCD please. I checked that with Ford Customer Service and my local dealer at the time of purchase to verify I indeed had 9200 lb capacity. I tow a 6500 lb trailer with a WD hitch and the rear end drops 1/2" to an 1". No need for leveling shocks.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LokiWolf - More details on the loss of towing capacity with CCD please. I checked that with Ford Customer Service and my local dealer at the time of purchase to verify I indeed had 9200 lb capacity. I tow a 6500 lb trailer with a WD hitch and the rear end drops 1/2" to an 1". No need for leveling shocks.
it does not reduce towing capacity.
but 22" tires sometimes as in replacements must be the same weight capacity.
CCD does prohibit add on air shocks as it uses the special shocks to control rate of dampening that translates into ride quality
i test drove both models with and without. 22" were just to out of my style for a black on black ride.
in the ford literature it only has a footnote in the capacity listing to explain the weight of the driver.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with the CCD in the Platinum is you have to get the 22Inch wheels with it, and you don't have the ability for the load leveling shocks. You also lose towing capability because of the CCD. I have the limited with the 301A package and the Load Leveling shocks. Everything that comes on a Platinum other than the CCD and 22Inch wheels, with maximum towing and payload, and cheaper tires!
I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit the load leveling suspension to a 17 Limited EL that didn't have it as a factory option.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it may be, as the load leveling is a mechanical system vice air shocks.

when i was searching for our expy..I found ZERO that had the factory load leveling system.
I would have had to special order the expy.
i searched the whole state and parts of AR and LA.
the ccd is simply an electronically adjustable shock absorber system that regulates valving based on selected ride quality. It adjusts rebound and extension, in real time.
I drove one that had it and it did ride pretty plush on the softest mode.
i think they had to develop it to allow the use of 22" wheels. That much wheel and little rubber make for a harsh ride. maybe to harsh based on expected ride quality for the expy.
i tested a harley edition 2010 f150 with 22" wheels, it SUCKED and was like riding a skateboard, rear end hopped bad.

i am sure ride quality has changed for the newer 150's but 22" imo in a truck are for looks and not practicality of trucks intended use.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are the major differences between the 15 Ltd and 16 Ltd? I'm having a hard time finding a Ltd in my area (So Cal). I want an EL with remote start, push button start, sync 3 if possible otherwise MFT will be fine (that's what I have in my other cars), would love the blue color but white, black or Silver will be fine, would be nice to have the rear Entertainment for the kids. Even a Platinum or King Ranch would be fine. 35-50k miles.
Do any Expeditions have the park assist?

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the major differences between the 15 Ltd and 16 Ltd? I'm having a hard time finding a Ltd in my area (So Cal). I want an EL with remote start, push button start, sync 3 if possible otherwise MFT will be fine (that's what I have in my other cars), would love the blue color but white, black or Silver will be fine, would be nice to have the rear Entertainment for the kids. Even a Platinum or King Ranch would be fine. 35-50k miles.
Do any Expeditions have the park assist?
Park assist won't come until 2018 - if you mean park by itself. Limited's and up have backup cams as standard and front and rear sensing. I started off asking my dealer to look for a 2015-16 program Expedition with 20 - 30 miles on it. They started watching the Ford dealer auctions for program cars but couldn't locate anything like what I wanted. They were saying that I was going to be in the $40-50K range, that's when they showed me the Limited EL that was on the lot and had everything on it that I wanted.

I don't think there is much difference between the 15, 16, or 17 models except maybe minor styling details.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there arent any differences except sync 3 and one touch buttons. thats weird that one of the biggest selling points is the towing but the towing suspension option is the hardest option to find. i do wish that ford offered ccd on the other wheel options as well. 22s do look great though.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove the Plat with CCD, a XLT and bought the Lmtd. The Plat can be made to ride smoother or tighter then either the XLT or Lmtd. On normal, the Plat rode too soft for me. I ended getting my Lmtd with every option available except the rear video(I live alone) and steering wheel heater. If I could have got the Plat without the "woodgrain" which I personally don't like, I would have but that wasn't an option. I spoke with the general manager and together he said that if I didn't want the CCD or woodgrain, then the loaded Lmtd was the only way to go.

I THINK the only difference between 16 & 17 is the buttons for the 3rd row seat have a each seat or both together option.

I bought the Limited with:

1. Control Trac® Four-Wheel-Drive System

2. Option package 301a,-includes:

Power moonroof

Power-deployable running boards

Voice-Activated Navigation System with HD Radio™

Voice activated controls- I can tell it to set the temps, bring up the weather map, make a call, read a text etc.

3. The Blind Spot Information System

4. All-weather rubber first- and second-row floor mats in addition to the carpeted ones

5. Available Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link®

6. Platinum tri-metalic paint option.

7. Second-row flip-fold manual reclining bucket seats

8. 20" magnetic painted wheels

9. 4WD of course (not standard even on the Platinum models so be careful)

And I'm probably forgetting something....who knows<LOL>!

The only issues I had Brad was that to buy a two or even a three year old truck meant spending 40 grand....I just couldn't get my head around that but again, everyone is different with different priorities.

jeff