2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone answer this? This is kinda back to the original question I had on this forum regarding the Expedition EL.

Do the Limited EL 2016's only come in White/Silver/Black/Grey? My wife really wants a Blue one but I can't see to find one anywhere within 100 miles radius of our location. And what about King Ranch or Platinum? What is the difference between those models? Do they even make them in EL versions? Where can I find a spec sheet from Ford that shows what was available in 2016? Also can you find a 2015 with push button start and easy entry access with the keyfob in your pocket/purse? I don't necessarily need Sync 3, MFT would be fine, if they even put that on Expeditions. I'm so frustrated. I'm only able to find 2 Expeditions in my area and both are Black with Black leather.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone answer this? This is kinda back to the original question I had on this forum regarding the Expedition EL.

Do the Limited EL 2016's only come in White/Silver/Black/Grey? My wife really wants a Blue one but I can't see to find one anywhere within 100 miles radius of our location. And what about King Ranch or Platinum? What is the difference between those models? Do they even make them in EL versions? Where can I find a spec sheet from Ford that shows what was available in 2016? Also can you find a 2015 with push button start and easy entry access with the keyfob in your pocket/purse? I don't necessarily need Sync 3, MFT would be fine, if they even put that on Expeditions. I'm so frustrated. I'm only able to find 2 Expeditions in my area and both are Black with Black leather.
Short of going it to your local Ford dealer and asking them if they have 2015 or 2016 brochure or possibly looking online It will be tough to find out exactly. That being said, Before I bought my 2017, I looked at a brochure for a 2016 and the options appeared to be the same as what was on the 2017. So yes to remote start, push button start, easy entrance. Yes to ELs in all models. Yes to blue, it called Blue Jeans it is a darker blue but there aren't many of them out there.

XLT is the entry level, Limited, is next, King Ranch, and then Platinum. King Ranch the main difference is the King Ranch upholstery and carpet treatment along with some exterior detailing an badging. The main thing that the Platinum has is the continuously controlled damping (CCD) suspension system and some exterior trim. You can load up a limited with everything but the suspension and have a very nice truck - which is what mine is and I'm happy with it.

I hope that helps a little.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thank you. So it looks like the '15 has MyFord Touch (Sync 2) and the '16+ has Sync 3 and that's about it. I knew what the KR versions were with the different leather/carpet. Ok so I guess I can look for '15 Limited as well since it has everything. I really don't care about Sync 2 or 3.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I want a '15 or '16, limited EL, Blue Jeans. hahaha. Where can I find one? LOL

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. So it looks like the '15 has MyFord Touch (Sync 2) and the '16+ has Sync 3 and that's about it. I knew what the KR versions were with the different leather/carpet. Ok so I guess I can look for '15 Limited as well since it has everything. I really don't care about Sync 2 or 3.
I think Sync 3 comes with the package that gives you the remote start, push button start and ease of entry/exit features. You have look to see what option packages they have.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I want a '15 or '16, limited EL, Blue Jeans. hahaha. Where can I find one? LOL
Brad, Before I decided to go with the 2017, my dealer said they could shop the Ford dealer only auctions to look for a 2015/2016 program vehicles that met my requirements. Bluejeans was my first choice (the white platinum metallic has really grown on me). These are Ford and Lincoln dealer only auctions where they have access to the leased vehicles, vehicles leased to rental car companies, Ford executive vehicles. You might find what you want through them but you are going to be in the mid to high 40K range.

Other than that try cars.com and expand your search. You can also look on ebay. If you find something you want, you can always have it shipped or fly out to look it over and drive it back.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I ordered and purchased a new 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4 in Blue Jeans Blue and a Dune interior. At times, I wish I would have ordered the EL version.

This was my first Ford purchase in 45 years of owning vehicles.

The dealer used his vehicle locator and could not find one with the Blue Jeans Blue and the BLIS option I wanted. I was not in a hurry so I had him order exactly what I wanted.

I often see white, black, and dark grey Expeditons in my area. Rarely do I see a Blue Jeans Blue or the Red colors that are offered.

I have had numerous compliments from people regarding the color combination.