2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brad, Before I decided to go with the 2017, my dealer said they could shop the Ford dealer only auctions to look for a 2015/2016 program vehicles that met my requirements. Bluejeans was my first choice (the white platinum metallic has really grown on me). These are Ford and Lincoln dealer only auctions where they have access to the leased vehicles, vehicles leased to rental car companies, Ford executive vehicles. You might find what you want through them but you are going to be in the mid to high 40K range.

Other than that try cars.com and expand your search. You can also look on ebay. If you find something you want, you can always have it shipped or fly out to look it over and drive it back.

Yeah I have a white Flex right now and would rather have Black over white again. Ours is the one that looks sort of off-white and has the very light sparkle in it. My wife really wants the Blue Jean. I have used all the online sites to find them and there are a few in other states like Texas and Kansas, etc. I have free Southwest points and can fly my wife and I there for free and then drive it back. Decisions, decisions. I just wish there was one in So Cal. HAHA

IMG_0465.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad,

My son has a 2014 Flex that is Tuxedo Black and silver on top. My white is the same, Platinum White Metallic Tri-Coat. It is a pearl white look to it. It is very pretty in the sun light. If I had to do over I would have ordered a Blue Jeans Platinum EL but I caught a $100 under invoice sale plus I got $5250 in rebates for a cash deal and I got a decent amount for my trade-in. So I'm happy, next new one in about 8-10 years I hope. :)

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blue Jeans is the hardest color to find an Expy in. I tried. Found one, but because it was in demand from multiple places, no negotiation on price. Since we were replacing our totaled 15, time was of the essence. Basically saved $3500 going with the grey. Still love it.

You DO care about Sync 2 vs Sync 3. Sync 2 is no longer supported. No more updates, orphaned features, so on and so forth. Since we owned a 15 for 7 months, and now own a 17, I have had a lot of time to compare. I liked the 4 quadrant system from 2 better than 3's version, but 3 is so much better at everything else, and now with Carplay and Android Auto, it is even better. It is the current version of Sync.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the biggest and most used feature FOR ME on the Sync-3 is the voice control over everything! I'm a little disappointed that I can't control the speed with it(joking) but it does pretty well....instead of reaching for a knob, I can tell it what radio band(or BT) & station or call out the requested temperature, or to show me the nav map or the local weather forecast or even a weather map showing any storm activity(most of our storms develop in VA between DC & the mountains unless they are big, multi-state sized storms) and of course to make a call to someone's cell or land line or to listen to voicemails, an incoming text message or to even respond to that same text. I can ask it the scope of the basketball game or tell it to find somewhere to eat, buy gas etc. It's pretty handy once you get into the habit of using it. It comes with a 5 yr subscription to the Travel link programs but the Sirius radio is separate.

It's a pretty comprehensive package for a car. I tease my girlfriend that the goggle lady is my 2nd bit*h and my truck lady is #3 bit*h.....but she shouldn't get jealous because she's still my #1!! LOL

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sync 2 is no longer supported. No more updates, orphaned features, so on and so forth. Since we owned a 15 for 7 months, and now own a 17, I have had a lot of time to compare. I liked the 4 quadrant system from 2 better than 3's version, but 3 is so much better at everything else, and now with Carplay and Android Auto, it is even better. It is the current version of Sync.
I think if I had a 15 or 16 and they stopped supporting the software built into the vehicle I'd be pissed. I can see some enterprising lawyer coming up with a class action suit over that. :)

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since I own a 16 Edge Sport also, I regularly run around on Multiple forums. A lot of discussion on the Sync Systems out there.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest and most used feature FOR ME on the Sync-3 is the voice control over everything! It's pretty handy once you get into the habit of using it.

jeff

That's my biggest problem I forget that I have voice control. I'm usually so focused on my driving that I rarely think about the Sync other than I use the steering wheel controls to raise or lower the volume.