2015 Expedition Platinum Wheels. Looking to downsize

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure on the CCD, I assume its tuned to try and make the ride smoother on those big 22" rims since they have almost no sidewall to absorb the bumps, the CCD compensates by adjusting the suspension to take the bumps and give the feeling of a smooth ride.
I don't know if that involves any wheel sensors that you would no longer have with different wheels.
It could also make the truck very boat feeling as the CCD over compensates as the tire will have already absorbed the bump it was anticipating.
I doubt that it would effect anything though, I doubt Ford's CCD implementation is as advance as the one in my Benz where there are scanners looking at the road in front of the car and knowing precisely when to adjust the suspension BEFORE the bump even happens. I think the CCD you have is reactive not predictive. I could be wrong that is total speculation.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can clear them 305/50 r20 is the closest overall diameter to yours. Only -.03 difference. 275/55r20 is -.06 difference 285/55r20 is +.06 bigger. Theirs your 3 choices in 20 inch rims/ tires. Hope that helps some. 305's would look real cool if they fit/ clear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
305/60R18 would be 3% larger over all, but that only would effect speedo by 1mph over 60mph and none below 60.

Penumbra

Reaction score
The overall diameter does not change. The 3 stock rim sizes are interchangeable without affecting any mechanics or speedometer. The pics show my ride with an aftermarket rim on my stock tire with a small offset to widen the stance.
275/65R18
275/55R20 (I have this size)
285/45R22

You can put a slightly taller tire on...if you add the spacer 3" front, 2" rear by a few companies you can go to a 33" overall diameter. You will need to get a tuner to adjust speedo...5star, livernois or stage3motorsports etc.

If your 22"s are magnetic color I'd be interested in buying or trading my unused stock 20" rims for them.

IMG_3053.JPG IMG_3063.JPG IMG_3194.JPG

Last edited:

espeed

Reaction score
Should not effect the system at all. Double check with the dealer service department. If you are interested, I have a set of 20" Ford Expedition wheels (4) that came off my 2013 Expy Limited. Only 3300 miles on these wheels; NO scuff marks or any damage. Still has the sensors on them. I've had them in boxes in my garage the last three years.
Cheap too. Let me know and I will send details.

OP
OP
J

jjmac1235

Reaction score