2015 Expedition Stealthbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if u have the manual find the one for ur ACC ignition or the relay/fuse for the radio...depending on how u want to run ur system...

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
if u have the manual find the one for ur ACC ignition or the relay/fuse for the radio...depending on how u want to run ur system...

Ok. Got it. Another question, how is the feel on this JL Stealthbox with a 10 inch sub?
Do they make a 12 inch stealthbox for the 2015 expy?
Thanks
Johnny M.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They only make a single 10 sealed box Stealthbox for the Expy. Anything else you do would have to be custom.

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
They only make a single 10 sealed box Stealthbox for the Expy. Anything else you do would have to be custom.

Ok. Thank you Lostneye...
Do you think that the hit on the JL 10"will be good?
I know that the oem is light on bass, but that 10 inch sub, will be hard hitting bass? My plan is to add an JL Audio JX500/1DMono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms for this JL Stealthbox 10 inch sub at 2 omh.
Thanks
Johnny M

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not heard one in these trucks so I can't say. I think there are a few people on here with the Stealthbox. Hopefully they will chime in. I will say although I can tell the difference upgrading the 8" and adding a 500W amp I will be upgrading to a 12.

Actually I plan on keeping the 8 in the factory box so I still have a sub for when I occasionally need the room and adding a 12 behind the 3rd row I can remove.

OP
OP
G

goaliekeg

Reaction score
Ok. Thank you Lostneye...
Do you think that the hit on the JL 10"will be good?
I know that the oem is light on bass, but that 10 inch sub, will be hard hitting bass? My plan is to add an JL Audio JX500/1DMono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms for this JL Stealthbox 10 inch sub at 2 omh.
Thanks
Johnny M

Hi Johnny:

In my opinion, the 10" sounds fantastic. After almost a year of having this setup, I am still very happy with it as I require the utility of the space in the back. I always keep the rear seats folded because I require the room for strollers, sports equipment, etc. This setup is about saving space and keeping the look stock, while adding great sound. This is not going to hit like a vented 12" sub with 1000W RMS, but it will sound great while saving you space. If space is not a concern, go with something bigger if you want more volume. This sub compliments the stock sony system very well.

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
Hi Johnny:

In my opinion, the 10" sounds fantastic. After almost a year of having this setup, I am still very happy with it as I require the utility of the space in the back. I always keep the rear seats folded because I require the room for strollers, sports equipment, etc. This setup is about saving space and keeping the look stock, while adding great sound. This is not going to hit like a vented 12" sub with 1000W RMS, but it will sound great while saving you space. If space is not a concern, go with something bigger if you want more volume. This sub compliments the stock sony system very well.
Hey Goaliekeg :
Thanks for your input. I installed my JL Stealthbox 10 " paired with a Kicker 300 rms mono amplifier and this thing hits very very HARD. It felt that you have a 12" subwoofer inthe trunk . The good thing is that if you open the trunk, you will find nothing. I put the amp inside the panel were the Stealthbox is, and add a remote control in the front dash above the hood opener handle.
The install is clean and everything is hidden.
Thanks Goaliekeg for your inputs and photos.

enskyte

Reaction score
Great write up!! I just bought a 16 EL and this thing needs a system upgrade. Don't want to mess with the SYNC but I really miss my thump. Will go with removing factory sub and mount clean sweep and amps in its place. Had a sub in my center console in my 05, I miss the lows up there. I will start a new thread when I get it all together. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kwik SC

Reaction score
Great write up!! I just bought a 16 EL and this thing needs a system upgrade. Don't want to mess with the SYNC but I really miss my thump. Will go with removing factory sub and mount clean sweep and amps in its place. Had a sub in my center console in my 05, I miss the lows up there. I will start a new thread when I get it all together. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sounds like something I'm planning on doing. Word of caution, the amp cannot be changed without a digital signal processor or else you lose steering wheel, info and touch screen functions. So whatever amp you're planning to install make sure you buy an iDatalink Maestro processor to make it work with Sync3. Also FYI in 2017 a couple of radio companies have stepped up and made aftermarket head units with full SYNC3 compatibility so changing the touchscreen unit for something more premium is not a problem anymore either.

Factory Sony system bites the big one. Next few months ill be changing the sub, speakers and amp out myself as well. I would change out the touchscreen but, I finally taught my wife how to use the SYNC3 in this form and I AM NOT starting over again. Lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make steering wheel control adapter to keep that function... the touch screen radio is another story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk