2015 Expedition XLT - adding 8" MyFord touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russogd3

Reaction score
Hello,

I read a similar thread that someone posted here, but my question is slightly different. My Expedition came with the 4" radio/ screen. I know that if I wanted the 8" or nav, I should have bought it that way. However, I got a really good deal, and I didn't have a lot of options being that I needed to trade in a lease (which had a lot of negative equity).

I am wondering if I am able to take a 8" MyFord touch head unit, and swap it with my 4"??? The units look almost identical in size, plus both have hazard light switch, seems like it would be a 1 for 1 swap. Anyone have any experience with this? I think I have a line on an 8" unit from a junk yard. I need to know if there are any mounting issues, or if it will mount cleanly, and plug right in?

If not, are there any other options so I can install an after market double din unit with a bigger screen and possible nav?

Any input is helpful.

Thanks.

Original Radio.png

New Radio.png

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised that none of the "guru's" have chimed in but I think that you are asking " will apples grow from an orange tree".

Think about it...while the my-touch may fit into the space, the wiring is very likely VERY different. Your unit is filled with buttons where the second looks all touch-screen. That alone tells me the number of wires leaving your unit may be much higher than the touch-screen unit.

You might however be able to answer your own question by getting the factory wiring diagrams for both units. That might give you the electrical info that you need. If nothing else, it might be a good first step....and then if you still think it might work, then it might be time to see about the fit.

jeff