2015 Limited EL Personal Touches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah. I actually would still like to lens swap to the Lexus units you’re using. Someday. Baking open the lights was hard. Even at 300°F for 15 minutes the butyl never softened much. And putting them back together is the same. I’m having to add some sealant to fully seal the lens. Arg.

J: I was careful so the lettering and badge are still in perfect condition and ready to go back on should I ever need them to. Lol.

Cmiles: you’re absolutely right I already miss the Hundy. My wife is pretty much demanding we get a 200 series Lexus when the Expedition goes away lol. I love her taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thays because the newwr ford stuff is permaseal. Its a much harder butyl and doesn't soften with heat. If I were you I would pull all the permaseal and replace with a softer butyl or you could risk leaking and moisture. Id hate to see you have a moisture problem down the road. Good luck!

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thays because the newwr ford stuff is permaseal. Its a much harder butyl and doesn't soften with heat. If I were you I would pull all the permaseal and replace with a softer butyl or you could risk leaking and moisture. Id hate to see you have a moisture problem down the road. Good luck!

Ok doing it. Will have to painstakingly razor it out. Will do this tomorrow.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s my baby. We fulltime in her. Converted it myself. 8” roof raise, full paint etc. Took it from this:
89ff0a22e4c358e1c44eec23e71b7e2b.jpg

To this:

e805946b004eb8aa9c8a8649670ccf92.jpg

We flat tow the Expedition:

4b2b4d835910df6daf204f9907f4cca6.jpg

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One headlight clear corner done. One to go. It was a huge pain dealing with the permaseal. I’m dreading opening up the second headlight. I have hours into removing the permaseal manually. Going to try the permanator solvent to see how it works.
792cd0bac1924dba92064203c374d536.jpg
166af9a3f1ba24579900bf585d025490.jpg9b69a84b178ee0010ef2277a7b5f36d6.jpg

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s my baby. We fulltime in her. Converted it myself. 8” roof raise, full paint etc. Took it from this:
89ff0a22e4c358e1c44eec23e71b7e2b.jpg

To this:

e805946b004eb8aa9c8a8649670ccf92.jpg

We flat tow the Expedition:

4b2b4d835910df6daf204f9907f4cca6.jpg

AWESOME bus.
.we still haul on the trailer, to reduce road rash and tailgating.
plus just when i convince myself to get the gear and flat tow...we get a different car..

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Black:

Jealous of your Katzkin...that stuff lasts forever.

I love my KO2’s. Quiet tire that rides crisp but no overly firm. Traction is excellent in basically all conditions I’ve driven in including mud snow ice slush and wet. Tread life is amazing.

Krown uses a very light oil mist that is sprayed at like 160°F into the body panels of your vehicle. They drill lots of tiny holes throughout the truck and use long flexible tubes with misters on the ends to spray the entire interiors of every body panel. Doors, rockers, frame, engine compartment etc. Stuff works. Canadian army uses it on their equipment.

Waiting till fall to do the Katskinz and heaters. No real need for them in the summer. Like to spread the costs of projects out a little bit.
I am just doing the front seats as the middle bench is fully covered with a waterproof quilt and then 3 carsests. The 3rd row is always folded down. Once the kids are out of car seats I’ll have the rears done. But that is years away.

How often does Krown need to be reapplied? The closest place is 3 hours (one way) from me. I may just buy the fluid film sprayer and DIY kit as 6 hours is a bit of driving. And it does not look like anything in the area of the shop to make the drive worth while while they are applying it.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They recommend you apply once a year. I typically go once every two years because the oil film is still very much present on the underside of the truck and inside the body panels even after two years. I know this because two years after a treatment I had a smash and grab on my Land Cruiser and had to open the door panel to replace my side glass. It was very oily in there. Made me smile.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.
Think I’ll give the fluid film a try. I am pretty close to the south so not many places do rust protection.
All I have found so far is places that do the soft undercoating stuff but not what I am looking for.
There are a couple local retail shops i still need to check with.