2016 Expedition XLT Aftermarket Radio Upgrade???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malimal

Reaction score
Yes, it took me six hours to install. You would not believe all the steps, wires, connectors, etc. And then it didn't work.

Aww man..that looked promising...are they helping you to resolve the issue..for that much money they better.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is, but Ford did some crap with the sync 3 in these that there are few options to upgrade from a base system.

Hoping to do this upgrade as well some day.

I just upgraded my truck to the factory Navigation/Infotainment that was available in my model year, the website posted earlier in the thread wanted $1,000 for the unit, I got one on eBay from LKQ in great shape for $255, just saying that website is expensive.

enskyte

Reaction score
Just ordered a new touch screen for wife's explorer. These guys could maybe help although they show none for 16 yet. www.4dtech.com
They had great customer service. Good luck

Kwik SC

Reaction score
Guys you're looking at the wrong component. All the functions are being controlled by the amp. You need a digital signal processor to emulate what the amp is doing. The iDatalink Meastro RR is what you're looking for. Then you can swap out to a smart head unit, change amps and speakers. Like this:

malimal

Reaction score
Guys you're looking at the wrong component. All the functions are being controlled by the amp. You need a digital signal processor to emulate what the amp is doing. The iDatalink Meastro RR is what you're looking for. Then you can swap out to a smart head unit, change amps and speakers. Like this:

The RR does not support the 2016 base 4.3. its not even an option. idatalink was one of the first places i went.

malimal

Reaction score
I did talk to Crutchfield.. they just said, they have not had any time with a 2015-2017 expy to figure it out. Said I would loan them mine..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk