2017 Expedition EL - passengers in second and third row get nausea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longboat Phil

Reaction score
My 2017 Expedition EL equipped with Mechanical load leveling is making passengers in second and third row nauseous. This issue became more prevelant after an oil change at a Ford Dealer also, around this same time I had towed a small utility trailer with about 600 lbs or less. It has become so bad that no one wants to ride in it. I feel it somewhat in front row. I sat in second row and confirmed that feeling of nausea. Does anyone else experience it or know what is going on?

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 6 & 4 yr olds sit in the 2nd row and my 3 month old sits in the 3rd row of our 17 EL and they all ride fine and sleep like babies on long trips. We tow as much as an 8800lb toy hauler or about half that with our 16' flat bed with our SXS and ATVs. No issues whatsoever.

The GM issue I'm familiar with because my brothers Yukon had the problem described in the article above. The dealer took it back as a lemon and gave him a new one. That was a vibration though you could feel at different speeds.

Sounds to me like you guys are getting car sick lol