2017 HID Headlamp Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Just ordered the same 35W HID kit that Andy suggested. Look forward to getting those suckers installed!

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The HID's are so much better.

I installed them very similar to how Andy did except instead of routing the cables thru the plastic housing I routed them thru the rubber dust cap. The silicone boot they provide makes a great seal around a 7/8" hole put into each dust cap.

IMG_1390.jpg

Light output is significantly brighter than stock. Way better reach. The 5000K color temp matches the LED fog lamps right on, too.

A worthwhile upgrade all around. Thanks for the info on these, Andy!

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HID's are so much better.

I installed them very similar to how Andy did except instead of routing the cables thru the plastic housing I routed them thru the rubber dust cap. The silicone boot they provide makes a great seal around a 7/8" hole put into each dust cap.

IMG_1390.jpg

Light output is significantly brighter than stock. Way better reach. The 5000K color temp matches the LED fog lamps right on, too.

A worthwhile upgrade all around. Thanks for the info on these, Andy!
Looks great! Nice install!