2017 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcarroll

Reaction score
My 2017 Expy came with the factory remote start/keyless entry. The range is about 20 ft. I have to be standing nearly next to the vehicle for either to work. The dealer said it's working properly. I beg to differ.
Any ideas? And THANKS!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can start mine from my office window on the 15th floor down to the parking lot as long as I have line of site. 20ft that's not even from my driveway to my interior garage door

I think there is something wrong

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4 with factory remote start - purchased new.

I have always been amazed at the distance the system will work - including using it from inside my house.

Something is wrong - but replace the FOB battery first with a fresh battery. Are you having problems with both factory remotes?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 is right....Last Nov when I bought my truck....it seemed to start at nearly 1/4 mile! OK, maybe not but you get the idea. My sweetheart was truly impressed with it's range. I do notice it dropping but it should drop as the battery gets older. Try a new battery....if that doesn't work....you know the dealer has to see you! You knew what they told you was wrong in your heart, that's why you posted here....Generally, if you think something doesn't sound right, it isn't!

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The batteries in the FOB are under warranty so I would make the dealer replace them. In fact I would take it back show them the literature and say "Fix the damned thing it's under warranty!" Don't let them BS you.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
battery check
mine will start the engine from across the street, which is close to 200 feet. I park in my neighbors drive when they are gone to confuse the neighbors
play musical cars with his and mine

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '16 will work close to 300' if I hold it up in the air with the metal key up like an antenna (which it is) and line of sight to the truck. Measure what 300' is don't just guess...it's not that far. I have to come out of a store start walking towards mine in the parking lot and use it. The key remote has to talk to the module located under the dash with no antenna up by the glass. So all the metal body is shielding the signal. The more expensive optional remote start & alarm has a very long distance even from inside buildings as it has a glass mount antenna.