2018 Expedition going out of warranty 125k. What to check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cam phaser rattle?, transmission shifts and slips? headlamps and taillights all working, change plugs and see how they look. They can tell you if there is an internal issue sometimes. get underneath and see if there are any fluid leaks that may not have dripped. Check shocks for leaks. Any electronic issues? Some of the things that come to mind when my runs out.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When my 2017 got near the end of the warranty, I spent $1,700 and purchased a new Ford ESP plan.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you buy it online? If so, where? Was it a hassle since you've owned the car for some time?
It was easy. Since there was a laps of coverage. (My ESP Expired in October, and I renewed it in December.) I had to have my local dealer do a used car inspection. The generated report that shows there is nothing wrong with my vehicle. I paid an hour of shop time to my dealer. I emailed my report to Granger and I am now covered!

tommyboy

Reaction score
It was easy. Since there was a laps of coverage. (My ESP Expired in October, and I renewed it in December.) I had to have my local dealer do a used car inspection. The generated report that shows there is nothing wrong with my vehicle. I paid an hour of shop time to my dealer. I emailed my report to Granger and I am now covered!
thanks for the info. Looks like my 2020 Expy is 1 year out of range (Granger website only allows for 2021). I still have a few years left on my current one, which I think expires at 100K miles.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the info. Looks like my 2020 Expy is 1 year out of range (Granger website only allows for 2021). I still have a few years left on my current one, which I think expires at 100K miles.
My Expi is a 2017. You have to call for older vehicles. Maria Marzolf was very helpful.