2018 Expedition King Ranch Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob Odom

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Ford vehicles. I have a Platinum F350 2015 and she has a 2015 Expedition King Ranch. We were looking at the new 2018 model and could not find a King Ranch model. Anyone know why? We both love the King Ranch model.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will probably add it next year or late in the 2018 production run. I am not sure if the KR package is offered consistently in every model year.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The kr model is usually offered the year after the introductory model for the expedition. It Will most likely come out 2019 or 2020 model year.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will probably add it next year or late in the 2018 production run. I am not sure if the KR package is offered consistently in every model year.

Does the KR always sit between the Limited and Platinum models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the KR always sit between the Limited and Platinum models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The models range from low to high

XLT
Eddie Bauer (in earlier years)
Limited
King Ranch
Platinum

In the years before the Platinum King Ranch was the top

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they do bring king ranch back for 2019, i hope they really flash back to early king ranch super duties and put in some good saddle leather.
i am tired of the JAVA colored seats in mine,

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior wise, i figure it would get the king ranch leather and badging thats on the f series trucks. I would also guess the 4wd would get the off road shocks found on the fx4. As far as exterior goes, i would think it would get the badges on the body and wheels that f series trucks would get. I also would think their would be two paint options, one with different colored running boards and lower front and rear fascias(valances) w/ possible wheel well molding as in the f150 and a monochramtic paint pkg like the current(previous) expy and the f series trucks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The models range from low to high

XLT
Eddie Bauer (in earlier years)
Limited
King Ranch
Platinum

In the years before the Platinum King Ranch was the top

What ever happened to Eddie Bauer? I like King Ranch over Platinum but I’m usually lower trim level anyway. To me platinum looks like any old regular truck, a King Ranch really presents itself.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to Eddie Bauer? I like King Ranch over Platinum but I’m usually lower trim level anyway. To me platinum looks like any old regular truck, a King Ranch really presents itself.
I believe that I read that Ford severed its agreement with Eddie Bauer, or it ran it's course and they didn't renew it. It has been a while since I read the article.

https://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1049580_rip-eddie-bauer-1991-2010-trucks-and-suvs-that-is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants